KiteLife Forum

Half Axel

nus

Well considering I'm the OP of the thread I'm sure you all know that I'm by no means an expert... however, this trick has been one of my faves so I do it ALOT now. I learned of course on the E2 and have been able to transfer that to the Acrobatx and finally i got it. Anyway..... what kinda of imputs are you using... there are a couple different methods i've heard however this works for me... fly across the window when at the edge push the top wing hand forward and then pull that hand back while stepping forward (depending on wind bigger step would be required.. this will probably help with tip wrap) this usually does most of the trick for me from there somtimes you need input from the lower wing but i find that's more of a fine adjustment to flying off at an exact 180.... atleast thats what i think i do.... if somone finds these to be bad instructions please let me know I will edit or remove them if i'm giving bad pointers.... also one thing to note... when I first did the trick I thought the rotation was messed up like it was rotating the wrong way... but it wasn't..... i dont' know if that means anything to any of you......

Well considering I'm the OP of the thread I'm sure you all know that I'm by no means an expert... however, this trick has been one of my faves so I do it ALOT now. I learned of course on the E2 and have been able to transfer that to the Acrobatx and finally i got it. Anyway..... what kinda of imputs are you using... there are a couple different methods i've heard however this works for me... fly across the window when at the edge push the top wing hand forward and then pull that hand back while stepping forward (depending on wind bigger step would be required.. this will probably help with tip wrap) this usually does most of the trick for me from there somtimes you need input from the lower wing but i find that's more of a fine adjustment to flying off at an exact 180.... atleast thats what i think i do.... if somone finds these to be bad instructions please let me know I will edit or remove them if i'm giving bad pointers.... also one thing to note... when I first did the trick I thought the rotation was messed up like it was rotating the wrong way... but it wasn't..... i dont' know if that means anything to any of you......

Usually when I fly across the window and near the edge, I will pop the top wing back as I step forward and give slack to the lower wing, then pull both lines. So far with my half axles, ive gotten it between a flip and rotation. So im doing something right, but also still doing something wrong. Ive tried full axels, but I cant get it to spin on its belly yet. I figure pratice, pratice, pratice and more pratice will fix that, lol. Its frustrating and exhausting.. But for some reason, its still fun and relaxing at the same time.

Well I guess I would suggest after the first push with the wing more of a pull with the same hand and don't worry so much about the bottom wing yet, i think that just comes naturally.... as for full axels one thing I notice is my Acrobatx looks AWESOME do'n an axel super flat right on it's belly, on the other hand the e2 doesn't go as flat and somtimes does more of a flip... now I don't know if I'm not doing it right or if some kites don't flatten out as well... but watching the Prism video I didn't think the axels where all that flat when they used the E2... just my 2 cents... i don't know if it's worth anything to ya...

Well I guess I would suggest after the first push with the wing more of a pull with the same hand and don't worry so much about the bottom wing yet, i think that just comes naturally.... as for full axels one thing I notice is my Acrobatx looks AWESOME do'n an axel super flat right on it's belly, on the other hand the e2 doesn't go as flat and somtimes does more of a flip... now I don't know if I'm not doing it right or if some kites don't flatten out as well... but watching the Prism video I didn't think the axels where all that flat when they used the E2... just my 2 cents... i don't know if it's worth anything to ya...

I have heard that some kites actually dont flatten out as well, and it does vary from kite to kite. Ill have to try tomorrow giving a push to the wing before popping it. Winds are supposed to be stronger than what they have been the past few days, so ill be able to give it a try with the nighthawk and see how it compairs to the techno.

Thanks