KiteLife Forum

Finger Lights on the Rev

Jesse Stickley

Flew the rev tonight and in the kite bag i had some of those finger lights. It started to get dark, but the wind was just too good and I didnt want to quit, So after 6 of those finger lights, 2 mounted on the endcaps of the lead edge spar, pointing out, 2 on the uprights, pointing down, and 2 more on the leading edge facing twoards the sail, plus add a tad bit of fog, and it was quite an impressive display. Had a few people watchin which was funny, because im in no means, "great" with a quad line kite.

But it was definatly a cool experience, and looking forwards to flying at night again.

Jesse

I totaly agree, nite flying is one of the best and zenny times of flying that I have ever had that is for sure, I thought I would share this video team iQuad took of a nite fly we did with two members, it was a great time....I dont think we came back to the hotel till after 12 or so hahaha Have fun with the lights , I think we are using the same kinda lights that you were discribing....

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=5292927415387089544

Steve D

I totaly agree, nite flying is one of the best and zenny times of flying that I have ever had that is for sure, I thought I would share this video team iQuad took of a nite fly we did with two members, it was a great time....I dont think we came back to the hotel till after 12 or so hahaha Have fun with the lights , I think we are using the same kinda lights that you were discribing....

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=5292927415387089544

Steve D

I need to get some of these finger lights. I saw them when at Seaside and heard that Geezer found them at a Walgreens. I have checked out several Walgreens but have not found them. I also heard that they are available on the net.

They sure look like the best kite lighting system. Easy to attach, light, and not very expsensive. Where can we find them.

I need to get some of these finger lights. I saw them when at Seaside and heard that Geezer found them at a Walgreens. I have checked out several Walgreens but have not found them. I also heard that they are available on the net.

They sure look like the best kite lighting system. Easy to attach, light, and not very expsensive. Where can we find them.

John and I found large bags of them on Ebay :blue-love:

I found mine at the checkout counter of walmart.. They are called

Universal Finger Light LOL, thats whats on the side of them..

Had kinda a hard hit, and it accually switched one of them off, but, they were really taking a beating with absolutly no problems except that one that turned off, clicked it back on, back in action :blue-love:

Jesse

ps. Ill take a picture of the lights sometime today, so yall that dont have them can see exactly what they are.

i hope my wall mart has them im going to check this week do they stay on the kite with no problem and how good is the night visabilty ?? if so im sold i have the lytech el wire and thats stuff is bright but you need a wind to use it because it adds weight i need something for a lighter wind this could work

:):blue-love: