KiteLife Forum

Anyone tried the new Widow pro classic or Widow pro classic UL ?

cjay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No I haven't bought one yet. I was concerned about the flight characteristics because the person who helped design the upgrades is pretty much a dedicated freestyle flier, and I am not. I prefer directional flying.

I still might buy one though because I like the purple color, plus it has a polyester sail and is supposedly the same shape as the NG, so if I don't like the way it flies compared to the NG, I could probably put an NG bridle on it.

I did buy an extra yellow Widow NG though since they are being discontinued and I like mine, and continue to use it and abuse it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've got an STD Limited Edition coming that should arrive tomorrow!

Couldn't stand the itch any longer waiting for my back-ordered Skydog Dream On so landed on this.
Only problem is it'll be my first kite so probably can't help answer any questions. I'll be happy if I get her in the air on Sunday!

From Kent at AWOC :

...The Widow Pro, IMO, is one of the best tricking kites on the market but it is also exceptionally forgiving. It is excellent for learning on because it recovers easily and the smoothness of flight gives the pilot very good feedback through the lines so you always know what the kite is doing. It is my favorite kite and we have had many first time pilots fly it with great results. It is also the one i suggest fir anyone wanting to get into more advanced tricks.

He also mentioned 5-10 mph is best for STD. UL is better situated from 2-6 mph