KiteLife Forum

I need Help

LeighB

the other day while out flying one of my lined busted (broke at the sheath on the kite end) so now i'm unable to fly, i'm also unable to purchase a new set yet due to no cash, anyone able to suggest anything to offset the sheer boredom that comes from not being able to fly??

TV is getting mighty boring....

Also once I get new lines which are deff gonna be 120ft what weight should I get 90 or 150lb?

If you still have the sleeving, you can just cut the other three lines to match the shorter one. Just untie the sleeving knots and slide the sleeving up the line. Then cut the spectra at the new length and retie all the knots. The process is pretty simple, just be sure to measure well so they're all equal - or at least the left/right are equal.

As for lines, 90# should be sufficient unless you're flying in high winds. Or, you can get 150# and skip the sleeving. I can't imagine flying on 120' lines. That would be like another ZIP code compared to what I'm used to!

Jason

If you still have the sleeving, you can just cut the other three lines to match the shorter one. Just untie the sleeving knots and slide the sleeving up the line. Then cut the spectra at the new length and retie all the knots. The process is pretty simple, just be sure to measure well so they're all equal - or at least the left/right are equal.

ah crud, i got rid of the loose bit of sleeving, but have the rest of the lines.

was thinking of making them into a 60 or 40 foot set so i can go all nuts and twitchy with the short lengths :lol:

if your kite is not a hard pulling one in other words not a power kite but or a hard pullin large dual line delta you can take 1 line tie a loop and do the same with the other 1 if a dual or 3 if a quad line just make sure they are all the same length

ah crud, i got rid of the loose bit of sleeving, but have the rest of the lines.

was thinking of making them into a 60 or 40 foot set so i can go all nuts and twitchy with the short lengths :lol:

EMail me your mailing address and I'll send you some sleeving, I have a bunch hanging around.

Hey Monkey,

Have you heard the song, "Monkey Around"? I've got a version on my Seussical the Muisical. It is cute. Every time I hear it I think about you... wierd.. Maybe I should send a copy to Amy. :blink:

ok, back on topic. You can pick up some thin wire at the hardware store if you are unable to get a sleeving kit quick enough. I don't know what gauge. Thick enough to hold it's shape to go through the sleeving and skinny enough you can put a loop on the end to pull it back through with the line inside it. You don't have to knot anything, just pull the line through it far enough it won't pull out while on the journey through the sleeving.

Like a sewing needle threader.

You'll be back in the sky in no time.

BB

Penny

We stock Laser Pro "Quick Sleeve" Kits for $5.00

The kit comes with 5 sleeves with a flat nylon innerliner that you use to pull your spectra through with. This is an awesome kit to carry around with you on the flying field. It already has the "sleever" in the sleeve so you dont need to worry about losing anything on the flying field. Each sleeve segment is pre-cut and ready to use.

This kit will get you back on the flying field in minutes. Add one sleeve to the one that is missing/broken and then just re-adjust your other sleeves to match the new one and your set!

Hope this helps.

It was nice to chat with you today Leigh!

Keep checking back with John when he may show up in the Bay area again :kid_frustrated:

Just may be sooner than Berkeley July '07:)

Maybe......

Thanks again for your order!

Have fun flying! :kid_brooding:

Theresa

so I recieved them a couple of days ago! totally sweet! thanks Theresa!

so flying 120ft lines after always having 80ft is kinda weird, and is taking some getting used to, but superb fun!

• 2 weeks later...
a good wire to use for a sleeving tool is floral wire found in hobbystores that carry floral decorating supplies.

Chris

Get an "E" guitar string. About $1.25 at a music store. Sometimes they will give you a broken one. They usually break at one end or the other. Fold it double to form a great sheathing tool.

Jim Foster