KiteLife Forum

Broken sewing machine help

sourenU

Had our annual kite festival and it was the best since I have been attending for 30 years. Zero humidity and 15 mph steady wind all day. Hated to leave because the lighted kites are awesome at night but park closes at dusk. Packed the entire huge park. Had the smallest kite there that actually flies great I suspect. Keep me updated on progress of you stunt kite. Michael marmarasmichael@gmail.com

That's a good size for lifting other stuff up to fly. Rokkaku are as stable as they come when sail tension and bridle are adjustable. That size should fly in 10 mph wind if spars are light. Carbon best then fiberglass, way cheaper or dried bamboo, free and my go to. Wood dowels great too but heavy and need more wind. Have fun. Michael 

No applique for me. I don't care how a kite looks as long as it flies good. Made a Rok out of clear plastic so you basically couldn't see it high up. Next project is to frame up my Quad sudo-Fulcrom. Can't deside if ultralight frame or next one up. Probably ultra as l like flying in very light winds. Kite sail is at friends house . It is my most colorful kite with 4 colors with a black boarder around each color like stained glass look. Will send you a video of it in flight.

My fly fiend owned a kite shop and just closed and has lots of inventory to sell. Buy on line at River City Kites. Or kites and fun things. Better yet make your own handles out of metal rods , plastic, wood, etc. Never really thought about a 4 line Rok. Did fly dual line ones. Makes sense. Buying line by the foot is cheapest 

• 2 weeks later...

havent recieved the parts or icarex yet :( but I have exams so I have been using every free moment to study, I am ordering the parts tonight so I can finish a kite before I head to orlando for the summer

Orlando I think is where Disney is. Wow have known some smart student that worked there starting out and have progressed very quickly. Largest single site employer in the world. The job opportunities are available in every area of expertise and they pay very well at management jobs. Don't do what I did and graduate college at 40. Most employers want someone young, eager, and full of fresh ideas and insight to make you boss look good first and their job EASIER and you score a great future. Be assertive ever if you aren't. Act the part, look the part, pretend to be the part, and BINGO you will get where you want to go. Jordan Peterson is a teaching Psychology Professor and is on you tube with awsome life lesson that are the real truth about human psychology. Have fun is really the most important part of a great life. Took me 60 years to figure that no bainer out.

yeah! having fun is wayy important, Im visiting disney universal and all of that. Im starting up a pressure washing business but only after I get my drivers license and get a bike. 

You should probably change your country to the states, it says afghanisatan by default