KiteLife Forum

Inverted flight

SparkieRob

I have noticed that my VTD Polo is far more "comfortable" when flying inverted. It sits quite stable and nice in a upright hover but put it on its back and it is sooo much more stable than any of my Revs. 

Purely an observation. Anybody else experience this?

Screenshot_20230427_214921_Gallery.jpg

I can't speak specifically to the VTD Polo, but I think I understand what you're speaking to. Do you fly with a lot of brake? I've recently been using the same heavy brake tuning indoors and am really liking it. The kite seems to have more 'presence', can climb halfway to the ceiling in an inverted launch, and does 360s in reverse easier than forward. Overall it seems more responsive and controllable. 

Yes I do fly with quite a bit of brake but same handle set on a Vented Rev and the Polo, the Polo just sits deeper in the inverted position. I've even swapped out the bridles to compare and it still rings true. In fact, the Polo will fly in lower wind on the same frame than the Rev. These days I just use my Djinn full sail and go straight up to the Polo without any Mids inbetween. Just an interesting observation. 

• Like 1