KiteLife Forum

Ignitor Stunt Kite, good or not good?

ed_diaz

Hi, this is my first post on here, I am trying to find as much information as I can about the Ignitor, manufactured by New Tech and design by Dodd Gross, famos kite designer.

This is a super inexpensive kite which retails for $15-$20. I know it's a beginner kite but I want to know how good of a beginner kite it is?, also I was told this kite CANNOT perform any tricks what so ever, only loops and dives and simple maneuvers, is this true???

Can this kite be used to perform intermediate tricks? for example the Prism Adrenaline is a great beginner kite but it grows along with you so as you get better, you can perform tricks with the Adrenaline... is the Ignitor similiar to this??? I dont want to get it then find out it cant do squat! I am a beginner but I have flown before in the past and I have a kite now which I use, its a super cheap kite which I got from wal-mart but its fine to learn how to control the kite and steer it left and right etc.. but now I want to upgrade and get something that has quality for an inexpensive price...I cant afford $25 nor 35$ let alone buy the Adrenaline which sells for almost $55. I wish I could get it. so I'm hoping someone can help me out here..time is running out for this item, I need to get it either now or never.. oh heres a picture of the Ignitor I am thinking about getting, this is an older design as you can see its blue and green, the now-a-days design come 3, Cool, Rainbow and Neon.. thank you!!

green_ignitor.jpg

Dude,

Don't waste your time on the cheapo stunt kites :) . I started flying stunt kites about a couple of months ago, when I was on vacation in April I bought an Breeze by GO FLY A KITE, it cost all of $15.99. It was a piece of junk, never have gotten it to fly. I am sorry to be so blunt, but this is the TRUTH.

I have been flying an Adrenaline, this is the way to go. This kite was reccomended to me by a very experienced flyer. I also reccomend th Addiction by Premier.

Not trying to be nosey, but, it sounds like funds are limited. :( I would go to the Gone With The Wind web site and sign into the forum and go straight to the swap meet. You will find hundreds of used and new kites for sale here. I found an Addiction for $35.00, but, someone beat me to it.

I also have been chatting :o on a lot of different kite forums and have gotten a lot of good advice on equipment. I was talking to one guy and just happened to mention I was looking for an Addiction. He said he had one, we made a deal and I bought it for $40.00, He also threw in a lineset with it. :D

Hang in there and be patient and you will come across a good deal that will fit your budget.

God Bless,

clflyer19

Love to Fly-ANTTHING!

wow! thanks alot guys!!!! for the information about that Ignitor...i was wize and did not get it!.. i also heard from an experience flyer (14years) that the Ignitor is as basic as you can get!!! it wont perform any tricks..just loop around thats all...its a very very very "beginner" kite and thats not what i was looking for..i wish!!!! i had the money to buy an Adrenaline or even a Nexus...but i just dont... so i decided to go with a Fuse, design by Dodd Gross, manufactured by New Tech ...this kite i was told is pretty good..its good for beginners and can do tricks as you grow... it retails in the 30 dollars range, im getting it brand new for 17.99 :) so i think its a good deal...i was told i'll be happy with that Fuse... heres a pic of it..i have a choice of either color..which one should i get?

fuse1.jpg

fuse2.jpg

i also saw a video of this kite performing..piloted by Dodd Gross, i must say it performs pretty well..its large enough to fly in low winds and its not too fast...if your curious and wanna check out the video here it is..

http://www.newtechkites.com/media/NTKIF.html

i already bided for this..dammm... but i will check out the links you guys gave me..thanx

Ed,

Choose which kite you like the best by which colors you like the best. One of my favorite colors is flourescent green. The last kite I bought was flourescent green, white and black. Choose what colors turn you on. I think the kite and the colors you choose are a reflection of the individual flyers personality.

Later,

clflyer19

"To know me is to Love me!"

• 4 weeks later...