KiteLife Forum

Welcome Marc Johannot

Hello @Marc Johannot,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

Hi Brettgrant99, 

Thanks for your reply. I live in a small town called Echallens, in the district of Vaud. I discovered kiting about 20 years ago with a 2 lines Impact kite from L'atelier. Fantastic experience ! And last year, when I retired, I bought a 4 lines Drop Kick from Elliot. Therefore I am a beginner again and enjoy it a lot. To discover my kite has brakes is completely new. 

What about you ? You went from Brienz to the States ? What type of kites do you enjoy most ? 

Best regards, 

Marc 

Sorry if I made the impression that I am Swiss, I had the opportunity to work at the Museum outside Brienz for the summer and then I returned to the states.  I started out with some Trlbys that my father purchased while we were on vacation at Pismo Beach, California.

I dabbled in kites off and on until 1996, where I bought a Revolution Backtraker.  I didn't really fly much until I graduated Uni, and got a job in Sunnyvale, Ca, and could fly a lot and had some money to buy a bunch of kites.  There I picked up a Utopia and a few Tricktails, which I still fly today.  I also got some Deca quad lines, which I really like.  I then moved to Tucson Arizona, where flying was like sticking your head in an oven, it was hot all of the time.

A few years ago, I move back to Washington State, where I went to Uni, and started flying a lot more again.  I mainly fly dual lines, but I also enjoy quad lines kites to.  I pretty much fly for my own enjoyment and peace of mind.  You can see some of my kites at https://kitelife.com/forum/gallery/album/490-brettgrant99/

I also lived for a bit in the Netherlands.  Isn't the area that you are in a flat section of Switzerland?  In the Netherlands, I was able to fly in a farmer's field a bit and at the beach.  It was pretty good flying, but then again, the Netherlands is pretty flat and windy.

That Drop Kick looks pretty cool, I'll have to keep a look out for one over here.  Have fun!

Wow, You are a passionate! I voluntarily bought only 2 kites (for the moment), one with 2 lines and the other with 4 lines, in order to gradually improve my piloting and to get the maximum out of these two magnificent objects. I enjoy tuning them and seeing what happens when I modify something. When I look at the videos of kite masters, I feel I still have a lot to discover. 

Have a nice week! 

Marc