KiteLife Forum

your handle

sky fish

My nickname, Watty, comes from my last name, Watson. All the males on my dad's side of the family have used the name Watty at one time or another, so I decided that it was my time to use it. Before I started using Watty I would play online games and things and I used a really nerdy screen name that was Morrunya. Not long after the Lord of the Rings movies, my brother bought an Elvish dictionary. Morrunya translates as "Dark Flame". My brother used the name Aradrang or something... it meant "Lone Wolf." I decided that Watty was much less dorky :wacko:

Well I have been Fossil at School, due to my then interest in them.

CJ in the Police Force, for some reason I did a presentation during training and the class cheered C J Bartlett RA RA RA, for some reason CJ stuck, I also used it as a CB Handle.

Quite a few of my friends, including my Wife call me Bartty, there are LOTS of Chris's about and it is easier if any of them are visiting. How many Chris's still shake with fear if they hear the word CHRISTOPHER when thay are out and about? Memories of being in trouble in my childhood.

Baloo came from when I was in Sweeden with work, had a stinking cold on a miserable Day, my hood was up, head was down and making a sniffing noise due to a runny nose. One of the guys said I sounded like a big old Bear wandering down the street. Hence Baloo, and it has stuck for the last 10 Years. Sort of suits me, Big, friendly, tends to say the wrong things at the right time, and a bit daft.

I had better not divulge the origins of my handle lest I be described as something/somewhat untowards.

That said, if you use a little heads up it shouldn't be too difficult to find the result..........

How's that for cryptic?????!!!!!!!!

I had better not divulge the origins of my handle lest I be described as something/somewhat untowards.

That said, if you use a little heads up it shouldn't be too difficult to find the result..........

That round about of a description and white washing makes one rorer. However, it does explain the extra large smiles!

Cheers,

Tom

That round about of a discretion and white washing makes one rorer with laughter. However, it does explain the extra large smiles!

Cheers,

Tom

I used the name Skyhook because of the amount of time I used to spend with hooks on my Rev II

picking up lawn dart hoops, fan belts, buckets, peoples hats with their permission of coarse and anything else I could grab and lift.

Bruce

I was at work, talking with the other guy's, during hunting season,

they all hunt, and were telling their stories, it came to my turn ( I dont hunt)

a comment was said to me , and with nothing, but the wind on my mind

in that conversation ,at that time, I replied with "YEAH , POACHING THE WIND "

is the only hunting I'll be doing. and from their , WINDPOACHER ,WAS BORN.

And now their is the ongoing joke of wind blowing all day and when work is over the wind stops.

I should wear camo and sneak up on the wind , flags drop as I pass , And WITH A FULL QUIVER...............................

.....:) ....................................................WINDPOACHER..................................................:wub: ..................................................!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! Should we be calling you "Captain" then?! ;D

Stroke victim - pretty straight forward - had one and survived! Felt like honesty was the best policy!!:D

Well, glad you're with us & still flying !

I got my internet name a long time ago, in a different life when I was into racing cars. So, Must86 was my name on the Mustang forums, eBay, and my email with my group, CarCraft Racing.

So, I just kept it going...

Hey "Must86",

That's really cool & good video!!

But, you are living in the past!!

Time for a NEW handle on your end...think about it...come up with a good one fitting you "today" and you'll be surprised how "light" you will feel afterwards!! heehee!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Time for a NEW handle on your end...think about it...come up with a good one fitting you "today" and you'll be surprised how "light" you will feel afterwards!! heehee!!

Duane,

Like what? MiniVan02 ...

You have an evil mind.

Cheers,

Tom

Duane,

Like what? MiniVan02 ...

You have an evil mind.

Cheers,

Tom

Dear Tom (Jeepster),

After the years together with you...I love and respect you...and certainly admire your kitemaking work...and meeting you at Treasure Island (TISKC) only confirmed those feelings (although, at the time of our meeting I was recovering from the night before dancing with Mike or someone...I think...heehee!!) Anyway...........

With that said....I can certainly understand how you feel and how I might be of an "evil mind" to you...

Why??....Because your handle "SUCKS" too......Get with it>>>>>come up with something better then a stupid car..."Jeepster"!?!? And where your face is suppose to be in the avatar...there's the grill of a Jeep....what the hell is that!! Get with it and let go of your past "too" and the false securities you're clinging to and show us who you really are!!

We are kiters!! heehee!!

Mustangs & Jeeps don't fly....yeah, they move fast & over some rough sh*t, but THEY DON"T FLY!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Ah Duane, evil was probably not as good a choice as "cluttered." A truly eloquent solution for an engineer centers around simplicity ... the more minimalistic the the solution the more beauty in the eyes of technical folks. The opposite also holds a place of respect ... Rube Goldberg type complex, whimsical solutions to simple problems is the most obvious example.

A little background on my avatar. One of the sections in my work group was "Corporate Markings" ... they are responsible for the corporate "image" that Cat equipment projects. In that group are some extremely creative folks. I gave one of the guys the task of creating an avatar for me that would represent the Jeepster name in an iconic manner. I also told him he couldn't spend more than 15 minutes coming up with the avatar. About a half hour later he sent me what you see. 13 lines and there's no doubt it's a Jeep ... what could be simpler? Maybe I'll go wild and crazy and color the lines!!!

Cheers,

Tom

"Jeepster"!?!? And where your face is suppose to be in the avatar...there's the grill of a Jeep....what the hell is that!!

:DJFYI :doh:

For the record, there seems to be some misunderstanding :D , as to the meaning of "AVATAR", you know that little thing that pops up beside our forum post. Of course, it is a matter of personal preference, meaning it's pretty wide open, but for those of use that might be interested, or are being attacked................here's the real scoop !

AVATAR - An "avatar" is a computer user's "representation" of himself/herself or alter ego, whether in the form of a three-dimensional model used in computer games, or a two-dimensional "icon" used on "Internet forums", and other communities. It can also refer to a text construct found on early systems such as MUDs (look it up). It is an object representing the user. The term "avatar" can also refer to the personality connected with the screen name, or "handle", of an Internet user.

:kid_devlish:

Bottom-line, an "avatar" is NOT a photograph of the user at all, hence the inclusion of the "photograph" option, which appears on our personal profile pages, should we choose to use it, as intended. (I won't bother to explain the photograph thing, due to it's somewhat, self explanatory nature....)

:kid_devlish: So Jeepster, I think your avartar is A-OK

• Like 1