KiteLife Forum

Edge Launch wear on Wren

Jim Mol

As I learn to fly indoor, I find that many times the kites floats down to the floor and ends up on one of the leading edges. I hope as I practice, less of this will happen, but in the mean time:

I am able to do an edge launch to get back in the air again but how much wear will a gym tile or word floor cause on my leading edge?

Should I apply a narrow strip of tear aid to the leading edge to protect it?

Thanks

Jim

As I learn to fly indoor, I find that many times the kites floats down to the floor and ends up on one of the leading edges. I hope as I practice, less of this will happen, but in the mean time:

I am able to do an edge launch to get back in the air again but how much wear will a gym tile or word floor cause on my leading edge?

Should I apply a narrow strip of tear aid to the leading edge to protect it?

Thanks

Jim

I am at about the same point as you. What I am finding as the easiest launch is let the kite settle onto its belly nose away from you and lines underneath. Then pull on one line slack the other. The kite turns and catches air and you can fly away. Check my thread on indoor kite tutorials and there is a lot of good info there.

I would like to meet up with other indoor newbies and trade information here. There is a lot to learn on indoor flying. Iwould like to trade experiences.

I am not flying a Wren but a Skyburner INak. That shouldn't make too much difference.

I am not flying a Wren but a Skyburner INak. That shouldn't make too much difference.

I have been told that a Wren and INak are very different kites, the Wren being Old School and the INak new school.

Thanks for the tip, I will give a try next time I fly.

Jim