KiteLife Forum

A Kite Safe -Justified?

Quad KiT

While I generally don't have a problem with little hands or even big sticky hands grabbing at my kites in my home or neighborhood I do see a need for a fire proof safe for them.

I have probably close to $3000 dollars in kites. While it is unlikely that my house would burn down and I do have a policy addendum for my kites through my homeowners if it would burn down I would only receive the monetary value and it would be impossible to replace many of my Revs as they are either custom or out of production.

I think it is justified to spend $400 on a fireking gun safe that can burn in a fire for over an hour. :innocent:

Yup, I have convinced myself, I want a safe for my Revs for Christmas!

Anyone else keep their most prized posessions in a safe? Please tell me I am not obsessing here or overdoing it. Be honest, I am thick skinned!

Yours in potentially OCD :w00t: ,

Quad KiT

post-777-1163648063_thumb.jpg

The fireking protects Documents For At Least One Hour In Temperatures Over 1700°. The UL Class 350 1-hour fire rating means that the internal temperature of the safe will not exceed 350° for at least one hour when exposed to external temperatures of over 1700°

So now I need to know the melting temperature or combustible temperature of the materials of my kite. Did I mention I keep my favorite ones in aluminum tubes in storage also, LOL. That may provide another layer of protection. I need to do some research on the topic.

You are -always- welcome to store your revs at my house. I'll take good care of them.

:w00t:

I will store some of my Revs at your house if you let me store that purple REV II that you have in my safe.

:) Disclaimer: I am not responsible for lost Revs in my safe due to me accidentally forgetting the combination. In other words, if that purple one ever makes it to my safe it is not coming out! :innocent:

Oh yeah!! That thing is classic!

I have a friend out here who has the exact match to it. Still trying to con it out of him. :innocent:

it'd go nice with my matching purple/white 1s

I got a red one that would go real nice with it! Oh yeah...

I cried because on eBay someone let one go for 150 buy it now, and I missed it. I must've been working that day or pretending too and didnt catch it in time! :w00t:

i got my kites in 2 bags grab them quick if im home and a fire happens if im not home well thats a diffrent story just gotta keep my wife away from the candles

You have that candle problem with your wife also? We even have one of those fake fireplaces so their are no real open flames in the house. Damage control! :bones: