KiteLife Forum

Stack lines

AiyanaLeigh

I'm having a problem with my mini-stack. I'm using Rev II's and only three at that but the third kite, the farthest out seems to wobble a lot and sometimes get's all outta whack with the rest of the stack. :lol: Is this normal and if not...how do I correct it?

The end kite in my stack also seems to get whipped around a bit, especially after abrupt maneuvers. I was going to try and shorten the brake lines going to the last kite by an inch or two to try and slow it down a little and see if it behaves a bit better. Might help a little, not sure. Will let you know what the outcome is when I get the chance to try it.

I have stacked a couple Guerilla kites together and had to shorten the rear lines on the second kite by 6 inches to help correct the same problem - last kite seemed to be chasing the front kite - bounce back and forth. Shortening the rear lines worked great on the Guerilla's but the Rev's are definately a different monster.

...the farthest out seems to wobble a lot and sometimes get's all outta whack with the rest of the stack. :)   Is this normal...

I'm afraid that appearantly happens to all stacks - even my flexifoil stack exhibits this phenomena. And the flexi is as simple a kite as you can get. This only happens when you alter the kites from their previous smooth flight pattern (which, with Revs, happens about every other sec... :lol: )

Revolutions sells their own stacking lines (7/pkg.) and they are about 66% of the leading edge's length.

Thanks guys...I had Penny help me with building the stack lines...well she actually made all the lines bless her heart while I made pigtails on all the kites but that was her formulation too (66%)...I'll wait and see how the brake line shortening goes! I'll look forward to your post!

:lol: Hey lady, I will call this weekend.

Try putting the brake lines directly thru the cap instead of the pigtails on the back one. That's a quick look see to see if it's any different. Let us know.

Grandson's b-day, nieces graduation party.. when will I find time to fly this weekend? :rolleyes:

Be good, be happy, if not happy..... stay sassy! :)

keewl new faces, huh? :)

BB

Penny