KiteLife Forum

Changes in 1.5 SLE

Guest grd750

I looking at buying an an all fabric Rev 1.5 SLE of about 1998 vintage. Has the design changed much from 1998 to now. I know mylar was intoduced but what else?

Thanks Glenn

The actual SLE design (dimensions) have not changed... Not sure about materials and such, some of the other forum users might have info.

Also, I mis-identified your forum sign up as a spam attempt and deleted the account... If you'll be kind enough to sign up again, I'll be sure to approve it.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Glenn,

Welcome.

I dont have an old Sle. I do have a rather old Rev 1 and Exp they bot fly fine (well with a decent pilot they would). If the price is right go for it. If you are not allready hooked you soon will be.

You will also find all the help you might need on here. I am new to Revs but I think the hook is a treble and has some awfull barbs on it. It is so deep I dont think it will ever come out.

Best of luck, Chris.

i have a 97 1.5 and an 04 1.5 the kites are both the same the newer one has the mylar panels for extended sail stretch im not a big fan of mylar the strong salt air makes it brittle and weak over time and it tears eazy but it is eazier to repair then rip stop all in all they are both the same

All the current Revs can be ordered without mylar panels if prefered. A nominal custom charge might be applicable.

I have ordered all my new 1.5's without mylar, as I too am not a mylar fan.

FYI you can also order custom color combinations. (a nominal custom charge is applicable)

None of my Revs are "off the shelf", all (I have 4 so far) are "customized" in one way or another.

This is my latest (inspired by my favorite team :Team IQuad :-)

Hi John,

Watched your new tutorial, Great work! :clap; The spit screens and notations were very helpful. Watched and went out and did axels!! :) We need more!

Looking forward to updates from KTAI and more info on the new Rev.s.

Are your new rev and Bens new rev one and the same or are there 2 with another maybe later in the year?

Cann't wait to get one in my hands!

John, if I had not accidently come across your online rev videos, and those of IQuad, Penny and Ray Bethel, 6 months ago, I would not have been in the sport today. I knew after seeing all the amazing videos, I knew I could and wanted to do the same.

The rest is "history" as we would say! :clap;

Thanks Penny, I too love how it turned out.

I will certainly be online later tonight waiting to take a look at the new Revs. (In the meantime, I'll see how much I can get for one of my kidneys online, to pay for my new kites .......... Anyone in need of a healthy kidney? :)

Watched your new tutorial, Great work! :clap; The spit screens and notations were very helpful. Watched and went out and did axels!! :) We need more!

Thanks! You can count on a couple more being added to the subscriber section sometime in the next couple of months... I'm headed down to San Diego for a couple weeks in February to do filming on the new advanced Rev video (yet to be named), I'll be sure to steal a little footage for on line tutorials.

The DVD should come out late in the year, if all goes well.

Are your new rev and Bens new rev one and the same or are there 2 with another maybe later in the year?
Wouldn't you like to know!! LOL

No, seriously... There is yet another design, yet to be named, besides my Rev (the B-Series), that will be coming out later in the year.

You can expect to see a vented version of my kite very soon as well, probably in the next month or two... Word on the street is, it will be the same price as the regular B-Series kite.

John, if I had not accidently come across your online rev videos, and those of IQuad, Penny and Ray Bethel, 6 months ago, I would not have been in the sport today. I knew after seeing all the amazing videos, I knew I could and wanted to do the same.

The rest is "history" as we would say! :)

Oh man, you've melted my heart... ;)

Thank you, I'm very glad for you, and truly honored to have been a part of it.

I will certainly be online later tonight waiting to take a look at the new Revs. (In the meantime, I'll see how much I can get for one of my kidneys online, to pay for my new kites .......... Anyone in need of a healthy kidney? :)

I only hve one Stryker, another one might be usefull.

Now let me think, a kidney or a Revolution B.

Nope sorry, still rather have the Rev.

Regards, Chris.

I will certainly be online later tonight waiting to take a look at the new Revs. (In the meantime, I'll see how much I can get for one of my kidneys online, to pay for my new kites .......... Anyone in need of a healthy kidney? :clap;

I only hve one Stryker, another one might be usefull.

Now let me think, a kidney or a Revolution B.

Nope sorry, still rather have the Rev.

Regards, Chris.

Spoken like a true Rev fan(antic)! ;)

Wait! come to think of it, I R 1 2 :)