KiteLife Forum

*NEW DOG STAKE DESIGN*

HectorHerr

After watching famous John Barresi, and his dog staking performance, I think many other have followed, some with good results and some with not so good results (like ME) and my little experience showed me something...

The question is: Why to have four (or 2 for duals) strings passing trough a double set of ring all in one hole?

This practice makes the lines drag too much, and is kind of dificult to most Kite fliers, who attemp this style.

MY NEW DOG STAKE DESIGN: is simple, A FOUR RINGS DOG STAKE, one ring for each line, and it could be used for dualies too.

this way it will put less resistance, less drag, and perhaps easier to handle for the newcomers!!! John Barresi may not need this concept from Hector Herrera, but if giving an opportunity, I'll let him try it.

Check this pics.

post-650-1170649089_thumb.jpg post-650-1170649128_thumb.jpg post-650-1170649169_thumb.jpg

And now, is time to practice, cause I am going WOLF HUNTING, as soon as the Wolf Hunting Season Starts.

And since all this is about having fun...HOW ABOUT SOME SWIMMING?

post-650-1170649373_thumb.jpg post-650-1170649423_thumb.jpg post-650-1170649461_thumb.jpg

I hope you like my new concept, and that it makes your kite flying life a bit easier, and to turn those laughs into smiles and bring some admiration smiles over to you.

YOURS: Hector Herrera

Oh...Just for the Heck of it... check this out and tell me what you think.

post-650-1170650803_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

ant man.

which plans are you working from, for the rev.

Derek

im going to start on a full color 1.5 to get the hang of how its done and a solid color is a eazy starter project as well as a sail ive been wanting for a while after that im going to try a 2 or 4 color sail from there i will keep you posted and i will have pics when im done

Nice work Hector! I hope to see some of these things first-hand at Kite Party, end of February!

Are you going to be there again?

Thank you John! Your complements are worth a thousand dollars to me plus another few millions from the other quadheads.

Yeah, of course, sure, positive, I,... will be there, ... and if Dave gives me a chance, I would like to perform with my new Kite "IKE, THE RED BARON". (if not then I will just play and fly anyway)

I named it IKE, after an invitation from Mike Kory, to be in the club. IKE stands for Illinois Kite Enthusiast, and they have a good group of talented people, who encourage kiting, and for me, personally, they have been excelent felow kite fliers, specially Mike Kory, whom I met at the kite Party last year, along with you and other celebrities. Mike is a true gentleman.

Unfortunatly they are far away and I can not participate in their club flies, but fortunatly I am not freezing my ass...(excuse me). It's been cold back there, ha...Brrrr...

http://www.ikeclub.org/Forums/forum.php

And of course, is time to practice with the new Stake, cause, Wolfe Hunting Season is near.

See you at the Kite Party John...

Hector Herrera

The Guatemalan KiteFlier.-

Nice work Hector! I hope to see some of these things first-hand at Kite Party, end of February!

Are you going to be there again?

Thank you John! Your complements are worth a thousand dollars to me plus another few millions from the other quadheads.

Yeah, of course, sure, positive, I,... will be there,

Right on, I'll look forward to meeting you, its going to be a lot of fun!

Hector said

And of course, is time to practice with the new Stake, cause, Wolfe Hunting Season is near.

Now that would be interesting, side by side dogstaking, would love to see that. Probelm being who would be the Wolf and who would be Red Riding Hood. (maybe Red Baron)

Or of course, Wolf and Hunter.

I am sure someone suggested swapping hands then flying like normal, rather than trying to reverse the thought process, sounds easy ;) . Makes sense to me. Maybe try it one day when I am feeling particularly suicidal!!

A guy near wher I work makes suits of medieval armour. Might try one out if I try dogstaking.

Dog staking a Rev is one of my favorite pastimes... At no time have I ever felt closer to a kite, emotionally and spiritually. ;)

THAT...IS A BEATIFULL STATEMENT !!!

I wish I could say the same thing. I have done nothing in dog staking, (just once) and I've been trying to get some bulk line to make my sets but have have not been able to. and with the 60 line set I have now is way too short, and I only have a few more days to learn and practice if any at all. ;)

The worst part of all is that I have seen that Wolf before, and He is big...and... I am scare now. :w00t:

No where to hide... :kid_drool:

Hi Hector,

I've seen all sorts of dog stakes over the years, but each is unique and it's only really important if they are being used- not in someone's closet.

I enjoy dog staking a 'Rev too. I even dog staked once while I held on to the tails. lol Kitefliers were not sure what they were seeing. The right set up for the wind you fly in is impotant.

If you have two or more sets of lines Hector, you could try to larks head them into a long set to use. It's not the first choice, but doable. Enjoy!

BB

Penny

• Like 1

Hi Hector,

I've seen all sorts of dog stakes over the years, but each is unique and it's only really important if they are being used- not in someone's closet.

If you have two or more sets of lines Hector, you could try to larks head them into a long set to use. It's not the first choice, but doable. Enjoy!

BB

Penny

Thank you so much Penny, I am rushing now to get, whatever I can to start practicing the staking, otherwise... I'm dead.

The hunter is been hunted now, and have no bullets, (lines) no protection, (experience) nada...??? ;)

Maybe I should just... :kid_drool: and forget about it.