KiteLife Forum

My New "B" Series

Steve

:big_band::big_band::blue-grin::blue-grin:

My wife bought me a new B Series kite for no special reason. Boy am I happy! It came yesterday, and I was able to fly for the first time in weeks. It's strange how much better it handles. I wonder if it's in my mind?

Thanks Theresa at the Kite Shoppe for sending it so quick.

Steve

:w00t:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that it is more responsive all around. Reverse flight seems much better for me. I even tried using too much reverse, and it didn't flip the wing tip. The wind was only about 3 though.

Steve :w00t:

Well I shall be joining all fo you soon, I shoudl have my Rev 1.5 B tomamrow, so what colors does everyone have?
" Well as for me all of them" hey I'm a rev hog, but I do want you all to know I had more rev before I went to work for the company..................Ben :w00t:

Hopefully I will have 2 blue ones pretty soon a B and a Bv :big_band: . Signed by Johns own hand as well :big_band: . In the post somewhere between the USA and here!!!!! :w00t:

Still cant understand why your kite is so much heavier than Johns Monks. Each time I see it it is stuck to the floor. :blue-grin: Maybe it is the colour?? :blue-grin:

Still cant understand why your kite is so much heavier than Johns Monks. Each time I see it it is stuck to the floor. :blue-grin: Maybe it is the colour?? :blue-grin:

I'm trying to keep it pristine, so it always just sits there, looking hawt :w00t: kinda like me!

Thanks for the love guys! :w00t:

Please, take a moment to pop onto GWTW and tell those guys what they're missing out on with the B-Series, eh?

how long were the lines you used for the street kitting? also why do you not use a bridle for street kitting? (i'm kinda new to revs)

10 foot lines, 50#.

I use no bridle, so that it can 3D easier (when I pull the kite out of the air into my hands).

Also, by being able to pull on the actual four corners of the kite, it feels like I'm able to swing it around better.

Obviously, a bridle is ideal for control... But no bridle has some effects on the lift.

Very different style of flying.

Try attaching pigtails to the tops and bottoms of the vertical spars, and hook your lines on directly, leaving your bridle hanging.

You'll have to adjust the knots on your handles a bit, but it's worth it for the added experience and knowledge. :w00t:

Did you get the DVD with your kite?

Hey John, On my computer at work the posts show a subject line to choose which post to read. It has it's perks, but makes it much more difficult to catch up on multiple post. Is there a way to view the post complete pages? I see it the old way on the computer at home. Sorry, this is in quad, but I was frustrated at not having enough time to check out the posts.

BB

Penny

Hey John, On my computer at work the posts show a subject line to choose which post to read. It has it's perks, but makes it much more difficult to catch up on multiple post. Is there a way to view the post complete pages? I see it the old way on the computer at home. Sorry, this is in quad, but I was frustrated at not having enough time to check out the posts.

Sorry Penny, I don't quite follow... Can you explain, differently?

(my mind is so blitzed right now - lots going on)

10 foot lines, 50#.

I use no bridle, so that it can 3D easier (when I pull the kite out of the air into my hands).

Also, by being able to pull on the actual four corners of the kite, it feels like I'm able to swing it around better.

Obviously, a bridle is ideal for control... But no bridle has some effects on the lift.

Very different style of flying.

Try attaching pigtails to the tops and bottoms of the vertical spars, and hook your lines on directly, leaving your bridle hanging.

You'll have to adjust the knots on your handles a bit, but it's worth it for the added experience and knowledge. :wub:

Did you get the DVD with your kite?

yea i got the DVD hence where all my Qs came from. I might have to try flying like that sometime...any suggestions?

Suggestions? Take your bridle off the kite if you try it... Even hanging (loose), it tends to wear out on the concrete. :wub:

Other than that, I'd say to experiment in a gym somewhere first, before you take it to the streets.

It's a whole different style, requiring you to pretty much keep the kite moving, leading with the leading edge, big swooping arm movements when you turn the kite.

Once you experiment with it indoors, post back here with your experiences and questions, we'll go from there!