KiteLife Forum

rev1 or b series

wufer

Greetings from Yorkshire UK.

I hope , by now some of you have had a few hours on John,s B series.

I am torn between buying a B series or a Rev 1 Sedgwick. Bearing in mind,

here in yorkshire we have more moderate than light winds and also i am a

relative biginner with revs, what would you people in the know sergest. I

have all ready got an EXP, but i want a rev that the big boys fly.

John, you need not answer as i think i know what you will say (wink,s)

Regards Derek

Regards Derek

Go for the B Series. More Control, and will handle better in moderate winds. Also with the Two frames, it will give you lots of versitality. One thing, the kite does not come with a line set.

Steve

;)

Regards Derek

Go for the B Series. More Control, and will handle better in moderate winds. Also with the Two frames, it will give you lots of versitality. One thing, the kite does not come with a line set.

Steve

;)

i few a rev 1 earlier today and defiantley like the rev 1.5 B better for the reasons steve mentioned

I have a very rare Red-White-Blue Rev I Sedgwick and I have flown JB's personal REV 1.5 JB. If your into speed, tricks, precision and a lot of fun, go for the REV 1.5 JB!

If you want more pull, slowness and still have precision, go for the REV I Sedgewick.

My personal choice: REV 1.5 JB.

Enjoy,

John

Well from what i see there is just one to go for and that is the B series.

Thank you all for your inputs. It really does help.

John M. Yes i do get a lot of fun out of flying rev,s but at the moment i,m just learning. And with the unsteady winds we have inland in UK it might take my a while to learn but it will be worth it when it all comes together.

Steve, thanks for mentioning the lines, i have two sets of 90lbx75ft so ill sort something out.

Thanks

Derek

You say your winds are gusty and on the high side, so I would strongly recommend a vented kite. The vented 1.5s are much smoother in uneven winds. It's my favorite kite in the variable Midwest US winds. The fact that it flies slower and steadier makes it a good kite for learning too.

The b-series comes in a vented version, though I've only flown it briefly and can't really comment on it's difference from the standard vented 1.5. The b-series has slightly larger vents that start out wider at the top and narrow down to the standard 1.5 width at the bottom.

If I remember right, the vented b-series comes with a 3 wrap and a 4 wrap frame. You already have a 3 wrap frame in your EXP. You might try to see if you can get the vented B with a 2 wrap and a 4 wrap frame. That way you will be able to fly in all wind conditions. I like flying my vented 1.5 with a 2 wrap frame in lighter winds if I'm playing with the crowd. I feel safer with the vented smoothing out the inevitable gusts.

Steve

Ill take your advice and get lighter lines. Thanks.

Mike.

Can you read my mind !!!. What im going to do is get a B series THEN i will convert my EXP into a vented EXP. That was my original idea to do after John Mitchell put the idea in my mind.

Regards Derek

ive only seen one vented EXP and it was in wildwood back in 1998 i forget the guys name but he converted the kite by takeing away a few inches from both the top and bottom panels and putting a screen in its place it was wild looking i didnt fly it but i was a neat kite to see i wish i would got a pic of it but ive seen alot of wild kites over the years that i wish i got a pic of

I fly on 90# Laser Pro Gold or Shanti lines in light winds to strong winds when flying a single kite. I only use heavier lines with a stack.

I own Shanti 50# lines but I never liked them. They tangle too easily and aren't as smooth.

Venting the EXP is a great idea. Just follow the same pattern as the gray area of the JB kite you are getting and you will be in great shape.

Hi Moderate winds huh? Here again, gone again, ugly winds? Over 10 mph?

If they are not over 10 mph you might want to stick with the 1.5 B and slow it down other ways till you get a vented out there.

90 lb Laser Pro Gold is every bit as good as 80 lb of anything else. (Now I better go see if they still manufactor it)

Tightly braided, it's great for indoor quad flying and outdoor. Though I can tell you from experience it will NOT hold up on a Rev. Super Blast. Of course, it wasn't meant to.

You will probably get more of a wind range out of the 1.5 B then the Rev. I, or the vented, especially as a new person. that means more fly time for you.

Enjoy the wind.... then take it inside. ;) Or Just cut some lines to 10 ft. and practice in no wind. It really doesn't help to know how to fly outdoors already, so just go for it.

Enjoy the day.

BB Penny

you just have to be careful with those thinner lines they can tangle real eazy

Anthony, do you milk your lines? Squeeze the twist out of them like you have to do on a long phone cord. You shouldn't experience any unusual knots.

No unusual tangles unless it's "Fraiser knots". Those psychologically impaired knots that have no knots.. It's just gone over itself and made a mess. Milking your lines will help you avoid this.

BB

Penny

• 1 month later...
ive only seen one vented EXP and it was in wildwood back in 1998 i forget the guys name but he converted the kite by takeing away a few inches from both the top and bottom panels and putting a screen in its place it was wild looking i didnt fly it but i was a neat kite to see i wish i would got a pic of it but ive seen alot of wild kites over the years that i wish i got a pic of

2052191450101221756S425x425Q85.jpg

There you are ant man,my vented EXP

Flys ho so sweet in heavy winds

Regards

Derek

2052191450101221756S425x425Q85.jpg

There you are ant man,my vented EXP

Flys ho so sweet in heavy winds

Regards

Derek

Nice job!

Happy to hear it flies so well.

v2255958700101221756S500x500Q85.jpg

Baloo.

Im not being funny or disrespectful to the creator of the B, but i cant see how it will help me to be a better rev flyer to get a B.

i have an SLE 1.5/vented EXP/and the one above which i have just made REV1.

Now, if i were a good rev flyer and i needed the best there is, i would get a B.

But im not in that league yet so i will learn on what ive got and then think about a B.

Hope my comments dont bring the wrath of the great one(JB) crashing down on my head

ant man.

I got the idea from John Mitchell and it really does fly smoth in the heavy winds we have in UK.

I modified it because i have an SLE but i didnt have a vented rev, so rather than buy one i modified my EXP.

Anyway you have enough revs to play with you greedy bugger, hehehe

Best regards.

Derek.

Sorry Derek, thought you said you had a B on the way. Must have been somone else.

Like the new 1 as well. hope they fly as good as they look. I need to repair my Rev 1 B4 I mess it up all together. Got a rip in the leading edge mesh.