KiteLife Forum

The kiss of Revth...

Traveller

One of those Revs (red, white, black) is missing the venting along the leading edge...

Yep, it certainly is, but all the Rev II experts ( :) ) in my 'hood can't tell the difference (and believe me, they are really good - enough to give pros like you John, a run for your money :-p)

As for the other Rev2 wannabe, there is no gauze AFAIK - he just extended the fabric from the leading edge. When I asked them why, they were just too lazy to go through the effort.... In case you're wondering why they made their own Revs, well the answer is simple - they are full-time students (& hence, low in the $ department).

I personally can't comment 'cause I'm still an Rev apprentice (& actually need wind to fly the SUL... :pinch: )

I agree!

Their only stipulation is around sales of such custom made items... They don't have any problems with people making their own, and there are even a few people that buy the sails from Revolution and then are okay'd to sell them with custom applique.

Woah ...there seems to be no limit to the number of custom Rev2s! While everyone on my block appreciates the 1.5SLE w/o question, seems that everyone wants a Rev2 none the less in their kite bag...!

Maybe Revolution Kites should consider bringing it back into production :w00t:

post-13-1087162891.jpg

The Rev II is actually still being produced, it is usually only produced with one run a year on them and the stock goes fairly quickly. There is still a small demand for these kites but not nearly as much as the other sizes (EXP and 1.5 in perticular). I have sold quite a few Rev II's to customers on a special order basis and last time I checked (couple weeks ago) there are still some Rev II's availiable from this years run. The Rev I is still being produced on a regular basis and any shop should be able to get you one if they don't have one already in stock. If you are interested in purchasing a Rev II, contact your local Rev outlet and they should be able to get you one, color choice may be limited to remaining stock.

Careful, careful. You don't want to O.D. on Rev.'s. :wacko:

One new one a month to a quarter should hold you over. :w00t: If you have to skip buying one during a quarter, maybe you should look into a tiny fix. :D Like a first aid kit, an extra spar, few caps, bundgee. Something you can play with indoors if you can't get out. That will make you feel good all over. Cause you know your ready! :w00t:

okay? breath...... :angry:

BB Penny