KiteLife Forum

my hometown kite shop

ant man

well fliers here are some new pics form todays local cold weather adventure in the morning it was warm but by noon it was 19 degrees but this is proof that i never let weather stop me from enjoying the skies

post-812-1174179526_thumb.jpgpost-812-1174179642_thumb.jpgpost-812-1174179789_thumb.jpgpost-812-1174179855_thumb.jpgpost-812-1174179900_thumb.jpg

the first few pics above are the sainz kite in my local kite shop www.lighten up kites.com plus not to forget my son is ready to fly with his daddy

All you got to do is keep paying those bills. And keep a kite in the air of course!!

I am lucky in that most of the jobs I have ever done I enjoyed. Was a Night Club Manager for about 12 months. Worked in a couple of factories that I didnt enjoy so much though.

That's one thing about being older we have more history. B)

Balloo..? bump. buMP.. BuMp... your an off road driving teacher? with a bad disc? hmmmm does the disc keep you from doing much? You do buggy right? :)

We just had a speech given by a surgon who shared some stories of what could go wrong in an operating room. He told some great stories. Generators don't always work and it's so black they couldn't see their hands in front of their face. At the end of this story a fireman rushes in with a great big bazzoka light holloring.. Doc, I brought you light! and the Surgon said he never knew there was a door outside of his operating room door that led to the outside, which he could see now because of the light coming from the outside into the room. All he thought about was, You brought me Germs! :(

He told it very well. It was cute.

Good contest. :P

:P

BB Penny

Would love to try buggying, a bit scared it will cripple me. I have to be carefull what I do. Bending for some time or lifting is uncomfortable. You know when you are washing up you lean forward a bit, well that cripples me. So we have a washing up thingy.

Another problem, my Wife was a Nurse and did her back in about 3 months B4 me.

Sitting still is worst, like here in front of the computer. As long as I am moveing around, like nice slow gentle off roading is fine.

I do have a 3.6 Peter Lynn Waterfoil that I use to scare myself, in fact last time I used it it scared me SOOOOO much I think I might sell it.

Flew it to the top of the window for a "rest" it collapsed and dropped into 20mph wind, SNAPPED open and dragged me across the park in the mud. My Wife thought it was hilarious, a 16 stone balding fat man being draged across the park on his face. Now if it wasnt me THEN it would have been funny.

It was funny really, still laughing about it now while I am typing this. Talk about doing a Superman impression. One second I was on my feet thinking "this is going to HURT" next moment I am being dragged along.

We do do these silly things, I had no buisiness being out there with it. Would have been fantastic with a Rev, in fact I put the PL away and had fun with the Revs, wish I hadnt got the PL out at all. Just hadnt flown it in a while was all.

So Penny, what do you recon, with age comes experience, I DONT THINK SO SOMEHOW!!!!

i liked the job i had as a kid working on the beaches of wildwood i got paid to stare at hot women and fly kites there was a kite shop there 1900 beach and kite shop the hired me and a few others to fly their banners on slk kites we flew all kinds of stuff its how i learned how to fly alot of diffrent kites the pay wasnt much but at the end of the season we would get dibs on the left over kites for free those were the days man let me tell you :P

• 2 months later...
i liked the job i had as a kid working on the beaches of wildwood i got paid to stare at hot women and fly kites there was a kite shop there 1900 beach and kite shop the hired me and a few others to fly their banners on slk kites we flew all kinds of stuff its how i learned how to fly alot of diffrent kites the pay wasnt much but at the end of the season we would get dibs on the left over kites for free those were the days man let me tell you :kid_brooding:

Sounds like a ~FUN~ job, Ant! :D I enjoyed your pics as well. Your kiddo is adorable.

I flew my first kites on Wildwood's beaches as a kid. I probably was in your shop at some point. When I was down for the Festival this past May I went and visited my old stomping grounds before heading to the fest. It was such a time warp. :sign_kitelife: My memories of Wildwood are very fond.

once you come here you never forget ... we will have to meet up and fly together aerochic

That would be fun now that my Rev has finally arrived! Yay! In time I need to get myself some longer lines tho. :kid_brooding: