KiteLife Forum

Always a problem... Selecting music!

John Barresi

Oh man... SO CLOSE, wicked tune!

But, all that "click-clock-click-clock" throughout the background kills it for me.

My theory is that the high level of background noise obscures the choreography for many judges.

The trick is to isolate the themes a little bit.

Oh man... SO CLOSE, wicked tune!

But, all that "click-clock-click-clock" throughout the background kills it for me.

My theory is that the high level of background noise obscures the choreography for many judges.

The trick is to isolate the themes a little bit.

Here's another... may be a little slow but it makes images for me.

The Sage of Lambarene...

The sage refers to Dr. Albert Schweitzer and Lambarene refers to an African leper colony, also called african gospel music.01_The_Sage_of_Lamborene.mp3

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a new quad ballet for this year, and am having a heckuva time. :P

Please share your suggestions!

Without words

Tangerine Dream.... often found on soundtracks, but their repertoire is considerably larger. Biggest problem is that stores tend to incorrectly file them into the wrong category

With Words

Grey Eye Glances - based out of PA. Very full band/instrumentals.... wonderful female lead singer.

Sam

Hey John, don't know if you have picked a song yet, but earlier you had mentioned Queen...have you listened to the theme song to Flash Gordon lately? Has potential...I think.

Also was wondering if you care for any of the celtic fiddle music, or riverdance stuff (eg. Lord of the Dance soundtrack). Some are very dramatic with great tempo shifts.

Later

Chris

Tangerine Dream... Found an interesting track in the Firestarter soundtrack, will check into it further.

Which track on the Firestarter ST?

If you get a chance listen to the samples on Amazon for the TD Albums Lily on The Beach and Le Parc (multiple listings on Amazon and only one has samples) Both range all over the place on the tempo scale. Would love to see "Twenty Nine Palms" on the first track as an indoor routine. Some of the tracks could lead to broken spars though :sq-wink:

Other soundtrack selections:

Happy Birthday Maggie from Point of No Return ST (Amazon sample is way, way too short... actual track is 5+ minutes and has a fairly wide tempo range.

Remembering A Heartbeat from Big Blue ST (Eric Serra) Painfully short and there are other tracks that lend themselves more to routines due to length, but I have always loved the track and thought it was very appropriately titled.

Black Rain Suite: Nick & Masa (Track 10) from Black Rain ST some very floaty sections that would lend itself to an indoor or SUL routine.

There are some likely candidates from the Blue Thunder ST, but last I heard it was never relased publically :sq-angry: only as a publicity item. It took several years before I finally tracked down a copy on eBay.

Crikey.... now I'm going to be doing this in my head all day :excl:

Sam

John

I like the the Tango from the movie Scent of a Woman. Tangos have a lot of swirls, starts, stops and changes in tempo. They are also easy to listen to. They are good for sharp motions. Imagine breaking the team off in pairs with the pairs doing manuvuers around the dance floor (wind window) coordinated. Good luck with the selection.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a new quad ballet for this year, and am having a heckuva time. :sq-angry:

Please share your suggestions!

How about a Argentine or Finnish Tango?

Finnish Tango :confused!:

Cheers

Mario

I never heard of it until I saw it at a outdoor dance festival several years ago in Munich.

Look at this URL:

http://virtual.finland.fi/netcomm/news/sho...intNWSAID=26960

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_tango

Firestarter track, Flash Final... I junked it though, didn't work for me.

Scent of a Woman, Por Una Cabeza is most excellent... But, not what I'm looking for.

Everything I heard on Happy Birthday Maggie samples was too slow.

Didn't like what I found in Finnish Tango. :sq-angry:

Now, I'm playing with the Cirque de Soliel verson of Because, by the Beatles... Still too short, need more.

Boy, that all sounded terse, didn't it? LOL

It's one of those days.