KiteLife Forum

kite lights

ant man

Thank's ..sky puppets LV............

Wayne........They are pretty stout.......no crashes, but plenty of landing's Leading edge first, and no problems or concerns yet !!

Then again the ground is pretty soft this time of year!!

No slap and tickles.......... :crazy:

• 1 month later...

I use iNova Microlights. They are foolproof, failproof and pretty darn shockproof. They all come with clips, easily attatched to any kite or line, come in assorted colors. They can be seen for MILES, and can be set to low, high, or strobe. I use them on all my kites, slk's, dualies and rev. Depending where you get them, anywherer from 5 to 8 bucks each, replacable batteries are cheap too. The only brick and mortar I have found them in is Academy, for 8 bucks, and a 6 pk of replacement " button " batteries is 2 bucks. Highly recommended.http://www.inovalight.com/microlight/ ( and a set of batteries will last 24 hrs or more, they take two )

Thank you for the heads up John, i was needing a new place to get some cheaper than Academy!

My pleasure RAGIN - to be clear, any sales through that link also generate a very small % to KiteLife's associate account with Amazon.

We don't know who ordered what, no personal info at all, just a little kicker for us referring folks to them. ;)

No change in price for you, and this works with *anything* you order from Amazon for a couple of weeks after clicking that link.

Thanks! :)

• 3 months later...

Has anyone tried these lights on a kite? They are designed to be taped to a disc golf disc, so I imagine they would have to be taped to the kite. They last over 24 hours, and are disposable. Squeeze them to turn them on/off and switch between steady or flashing modes. They have some color changing ones too, but I think that would be confusing unless they are synchronized. I have several already, but I'm wondering how hard it would be to remove them if I tape them on. Thoughts?

http://www.nightflightdiscgolf.com/disc%20lights.html

I'm working on lights for my SLE. It's a harness system running on 2 CR2032"s. I used velcro to attach. I put the "fuzzy" (loop) side permanently on the kite at the leading edge (x5) and I'll use small elastics to put one light on each tail end cap. Those lights look like they should work well...you might try the velcro so you don't have to keep peeling adhesive off of your kite.

My harness with batteries, holders, lights, wiring and velcro weighs in at 26 grams, but may go up since I didn't have any resistors when I assembled it so I wired it direct to 3v batteries. Should be about 1oz when done. If you hear of any UFO sightings in western CT don't worry. It may just be me testing my night lights. :cat_shy:

• Like 2

I just recently purchased 100 finger lights from a seller on eBay (China based) for under $18AUD delivered.

About 8 are inoperative mainly because they seem to have turned on in transit and flattened the batteries. Given the price of button batteries, these, at his price will become throwaway items.