KiteLife Forum

Kitelife at WSIKF!

John Barresi

I'm taking this opportunity to have a roll call for all Kitelife readers and subscribers who might be attending this year's Washington State International Kite Festival in Long Beach WA, held August 15th-22nd... Let us know!

Perhaps a pot luck will be in order? :pinch:

:w00t: Lets see, I am not quite done with Llamafellers new Cody but if I start walking tomorrow I should be in Lincoln City in time for that festival and then if I keep going I should be in Long Beach just in time for that Festival then back in Florence just in time for Christmas, finish off Llamafellers kite and have it for him just in time for OKR .... Yes Llamafeller I WILL be at WSIKF!

:w00t: Okay so far there are about 10 of us that will be there (if you include the guys from John's room), Penny can only be there on Saturday so the gathering should be on Saturday (otherwise we loose our only female), if we could get permission from Kay B. to use the area at the museum that would be great, right? I think I can get enough burger to BBQ for everyone, Penny is bringing the Rum, Carl has a BBQ fro the AOK bash? We get off the beach by 6:00 and meet, where??? around 6:30 and we are done in time for the fire works, bring your own booze and if it rains we meet in the back of Penny's van.

Wow, after all that I am not building another Cody for awhile :w00t:

Greetings Kay,

I will be attending my first ever WSIKF this year, and am having a small gathering of Kitelife regulars together for a barbecue on Friday night of the festival... I would like to humbly request the use of the "courtyard" area behind the museum for a couple of hours that evening.

We're aware that it could potentially be committed to another group, but if there is any possibility of us using it from 8:30pm to around 10:30pm... We would be a happy little group indeed, likely between 10-20 people total.

I would personally ensure that we leave it as we found it... And we'd be pleased just to have a place to convene briefly. :w00t:

Please let me know?

Respectfully yours,

John Barresi

Editor/Publisher

Kitelife Magazine

There you have it gang... We'll find out soon with any luck. :w00t:

:D Don't ask me why!!! I kept looking at that cat and just couldn't find a way to use it, so there it is! So you say we are going to leave the place the way we found it? They have made some changes at that building since I was last there, I never saw a stack of beer cans along the east wall of the building before :wacko: There I got to use the cat twice, now he is out of my system and I can move on :w00t: Penny! Did you say that we are getting you all hot and sweaty? Oh my goodness! :w00t:

Here's the word from Kay at World Kite Museum...

Hi John,

The area north of the Museum, where the picnic tables are, is a City mini park. It's available for anyone. And as I'm writing this I remember that sometimes the tables have been hauled down to the beach during the festival. There are no grills in this park so if you want to cook you'll need to bring something. You are welcome to use the space, however.

Here's a thought. We remember other groups having bonfires on the beach away from the dunes, of course, and having a great time. Friday night is also the Museum's Hall of Fame induction party from 6:30 to 8:30. You could attend that and then go to the southend of the Boardwalk for your bonfire/barbcue and also watch the fire works. There is a rest room in that area also. Whichever works - you'll have fun.

Saturday night is the Museum auction and awards gala. Hope you plan to attend that also. It's great fun. Have you made reservations for a place to stay? Places are booking now.

Kay

Does the park work for everyone?

Well, we just might have to keep our "merrymaking" to some of the other after hours parties, of which there will be many I am sure... I have to say, it will be nice to finally meet some of you face to face for the first time... Even sober! :)

Thursday Eve, the 19th... Starting 8-8:30pm, at the park.

Just look for the Kitelife banner, many of the fliers attending WSIKF should know where it is if you should need directions. (unless someone can rally up a map, or post directions here)

:P Oh that is right Llamafeller is working the BBQ at the AOK shin dig, we are a little to the left of the BBQ and behind the hedge taking our burgers from Llamafeller from over the hedge. DAMN NICE BUNCH OF FOLKS, THEM AOK PEOPLE, TO PROVIDE US KITELIFE FOLK WITH FREE BURGERS. :w00t:

:sq-upsidedown: What hedge? :unsure:

You know... as I suggested originally... Kitelife could meet at the AOK BBQ. It is open to everyone. :P For just $4 and a side dish you get burgers, dogs, soda, all you can eat, a fantastic raffle, and indoor accomodations. :P

All at the Ilwaco heritage museum at 7pm on Thursday.

-dont mind me, I'm the one at the grill. <_<

just a thought.