KiteLife Forum

Kitelife at WSIKF!

John Barresi

My girlfriend Debbie will be arriving friday sometime and this will be my second WSIKF and her 1st.I had such a blast last year i will be making this event a yearly one for sure.Hope to see you all there.I hope to try to compete in some of the events for the first time too.I hope i don;t chicken out..

I'm so tired from this weekend. ;) Lincoln City was fun.. but soft sand is a bad word.

Yup, Yup, Yup... Rick flew my rev. indoor and so did Llama guy. Both did very well, but I didn't see no cow's flying?

You all have a good day. Hopefully this is the last day I'll be dragging after the weekend.

Rick... tks, but we all know kiteflyers exxagerate. :wub: hehehe

BB

Penny woo hoo I just found out I have a 3 day weekend next week. yeah :wacko::D ok back to work.

:wub: They have quit trying for a new world record on Sundays? So what do they do Sunday, just fun fly? ;)

This last year, they had a Sunday morning Mass Ascension of frameless kites/soft kites. :wacko:

On Saturday there was an afternoon Mass Ascension of Cody's :D trying to break a world record of more than 108 Cody's in the air. I think we had over 200. Everyone received a pin. I think it will be held again this year.

I will be there again this year, and I will be helping with the festival announcing again this year. For those who don't know me yet, come on by the sound tent and say hello. Better yet bring a cold drink with you for me as I get awful thirsty while announcing. I also have an idea to throw out for consideration. I have some friends who live just the other side of Illwaco in the town of Chinook. My friends own a tavern there called the "Old Fish Trap" tavern. I am sure I could arrange for us to all meet there if we wished. The place is sort of small, but could hold us all with no problems. They have great food and service there, and friday nights are their steak dinner night. Any interest in going there instead?

Charly

I also have an idea to throw out for consideration. I have some friends who live just the other side of Illwaco in the town of Chinook. My friends own a tavern there called the "Old Fish Trap" tavern. I am sure I could arrange for us to all meet there if we wished. The place is sort of small, but could hold us all with no problems. They have great food and service there, and friday nights are their steak dinner night. Any interest in going there instead?

Charly

Hi Charly!

I am up for whatever anyone chooses to do. I think transportation was an issue for some people. Personally, I am just looking forward to seeeing some old friends, meeting some new ones, and FINALLY putting some faces to the names from kitelife. (.o0O hopefully the right name with the right face! :D )

So, either way. Beer garden Friday night (early cuz it gets crowded), Fish Trap, some park somewhere, AOK BBQ on Thursday... just so we do something! :wacko:

-Carl

Since I'm a newbie to WSIKF, I'd like to avoid any of the following issues:

• Having fewer people show up, being already at other functiions.
  • Conflicting with, or drawing away from other "official" functions such as AOK.
  • Not being able to have kids there (Belassis says he might be able to get the owner of Fish Trap to have a alchohol-free night for us, but then we're buying off the menu and dead sober).

Comments, ideas? I may be leaning towards the AOK, since they are my local club and the eats will be cheap... Will they have beer Carl?

Since I'm a newbie to WSIKF, I'd like to avoid any of the following issues:
  • Having fewer people show up, being already at other functiions.
  • Conflicting with, or drawing away from other "official" functions such as AOK.
  • Not being able to have kids there (Belassis says he might be able to get the owner of Fish Trap to have a alchohol-free night for us, but then we're buying off the menu and dead sober).

Comments, ideas?  I may be leaning towards the AOK, since they are my local club and the eats will be cheap... Will they have beer Carl?

Hmmm... good points. Typically when I have a good point, it is under my hat. :unsure:

Your right about conflicting events, kids... blah blah... Wednesday night is the WKA Buh'sketti feed, Thurs is the AOK... :(

In my mind there is no conflict with anything at the AOK BBQ -as long as we all put in a few tickets for the raffle. We do have to listen to Judy the pres talk for a few minutes. :P BUT We cant OFFICIALLY have alcohol since we rent the museum for the evening. Now, that is not to say that we don't suck down a few coldies on the sly... :devil: but more is not necessarily merrier in this case, and we do need to be out right after it is over. -kind of kills the fun. Hmmm.

The more I think about it... except for those with kiddos, the beer garden on Friday evening might be the best choice. There's food nearby, it's out of the wind, central to the festivities, and the fireworks (FWIW) are at 10pm -ish...

Whaddya all think?

-Carl

:unsure: Allrighty then! As I recall there is a long space between the last event Friday and when the fireworks get started, this year maybe we should meet at the beer garden ... oh say 45 minutes after the last event has finished, if the last event is a show by Llamafeller then we just get up and go right away and he can catch up when he is done. John should be able to pound a stake in the ground to display the KiteLife banner at the beer garden for those of us that get a little too much to drink and wander off so that we can find our way back. While at the beer garden, oh say after an hour or so, when everyone is well liquered up, then we can discuss when we will do our event next year, behind the third sand dune straight north or ....... :devil:

Hey John, Sat. morning WKA is running the Mystery Ballet probably starting at 9am.

So you all don't get to liquered up! It;s a fun event and one worth flying in.

The kite chatroom use to plan an early Sat. Breakfast. That was fun. We might think about that.. Though something close into town works better for some.

I won't get in till Friday night... so if your going to get liquerd up do it on Thursday night. :sq-upsidedown:

BB

Penny