KiteLife Forum

My newest quad design

Jimbo

Very interesting look. I noticed the double standoff's and the flat surface at the bottom. Sorta looks like the speed series rev's but more vertical with a much larger wing. I am also intrigued with the natural curved leading edge. Is this part of the sail design that causes the LE to be curved like that? Have you flown it yet and how does it handle?

Love the bullet design and the color scheme. Very nice! :kid_devlish:

Here is a picture of the first one.

post-2096-1176920777_thumb.jpg

Its a great flyer, but it pulls like a train in 7+ mph winds. So I reduced the sail height a tad (2 inches) and added a 1.5 inch vent to the LE.

Being a nOOb to quad line flight, I wanted something that was more stable in reverse flight. So far I think I have it, but we shall see :kid_devlish:

I'm building a third version that also has venting in the sail panels.

Here is a video of its first flight, just remember, its my son flying, and he's only flown quad line for about 10 hours at the most :(

Video isnt great quality (Digital camera) http://www.jimbo64.com/kite_images/MPEG-1.mpg

Jimbo-

looks like a mix of a supersonic and a rev 1 we can call it a 1-sonic :kid_devlish: sweet kites i like the color pateren and the look of the sail great job.. my only question why the dual downspars on a rev 1 style design?? does this make for a tighter sail?? it does look like someing i want to try