KiteLife Forum

Hawaiian Team Kite

new2revs

i know that top of the line is no longer in buisness but im a desperatly looking to buy a Hawaiian Team Kite. back in my teenage first kiting days i worked part time at a local kite shop. they used to sell these but at the time i didnt have the funds to purchase one. i had the chance to learn to fly kites mostly with a Hawaiian. i Loved That Kite. iv just recently gotten back into flying kites and this was the first kite i looked for to purchase. i have looked everywhere for this kite new or used with no luck. does anyone on here know someone that has one for sale new or used or someone that would sell me there used Hawaiian? im willing to pay top $$$ for it. please help me find this kite!

Thanks Dan

well i checked with them several months ago and they said they were no longer in production. when i saw your reply i kinda got my hopes up and was not really sure if this was true or not. i just got off the phone with cutting edge and they informed me that they were no longer in production. =( john if you know anyone that might have a used one in good condition id really love to finally own this kite.

thanks

Dang! News to me. :mf_party:

Well, the only other guy I could recommend is Charly Whitaker, who has one of the largest collections of classic kites out of everyone I know.

His site is http://www.kite-classifieds.com - his profile is here - http://kitelife.com/forum/index.php?showuser=23

Send him a private message (PM), he might have one.

I did find a Spinoff... http://www.kite-classifieds.com/listing/96...es_Spinoff.html

well i checked with them several months ago and they said they were no longer in production. when i saw your reply i kinda got my hopes up and was not really sure if this was true or not. i just got off the phone with cutting edge and they informed me that they were no longer in production. =( john if you know anyone that might have a used one in good condition id really love to finally own this kite.

thanks

I agree that this is a great kite, I was lucky enough to fly TOTL kites for a while and we had a soft spot for the Hawaiian. It does the slowest axels in the world!

Try putting a post on this forum (http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpBB2/) it is very popular in Europe and you may pick up an extra audience.

Good luck with the search.

There are probably a lot of great Hawaiin Kite memories out there. They were very popular. Heavy, pull and not always slow.

Heavy, pulling," the man in the kite store told me. "A lady your size would have to fly a SMALL kite."" And he steered me away from the Kite.

I just thoght to myself, "Your wrong, I've got a Rev on order and I'm going to learn to fly it and it's bigger then that!" They only had the Rev I's and it was 9 ft long.

Still I think fondly of the Hawaiin's. Bet there are lots of articles and pictures from the past on them too.

Good luck in your search.

BB

Penny ~

I remember when the kite made its first showing. Don Tabor and Eric Streed came to Hawaii to show it off at the first Hawaii CHallange.

We were all impressed by the power and survivability in afternoon tradewinds 15-20 mph and ability to out fly stacks

Hyperkites & Rainbows with available frame material) in early morning light winds.

I ordered mine the first day!

I think in that one weekend 30 Hawaiians were sold!

An interesting side note: The "Wisker" or "Standoff" was invented in Hawaii.

Understand; prior to the Hawaiian, kite fliers pulled their turns (Pull left- go left) on the kites of the time.

If you "Pulled" a turn with a Hawaiian, it was lazy and took a lot of arm. If you pushed the turn (Push right to go left)

the kite snapped turns and in time the kite (Like modern kites) would fold in the turn, so someone came up with attaching an arrow notch to a piece of fiberglass rod and a piece of tubing on the cross strut to hold it taunt.

Not only did they solve a major issue but created the added the ability to self launch!

I understand this is not the "For Sale" thread but if thr price is right!

It's a rare "Arrow" graphic signed on the tag by Don Tabor.

post-117-1177285596_thumb.jpg

hey i have a teem hawaiian that is in pritty good shape but their is one rip that is kinda big but its been sewed up by Mary Bos it is noticable but its in good shape other then that.

give me a call if you a re interested

call my cell first cause i wont be home till late tonight!

love always,

jenn

ps i will send a picture in abit i have to get one first

Edited by John Barresi
Transaction completed, phone numbers removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever find the Hawaiian Team Kite you were looking for. I have one in good condition with the original instruction manual and original storage bag. Please tell anyone you know who may want this piece of kite flying history.

It is in very good condition but has one small 3/4-1" unnoticeable tear that I believe would be easy to repair. Someone wrote directions on the back of the instruction book. I believe it is all original from the mid 80's. I haven't decided on the price yet, make me an offer.

post-2361-1178585844_thumb.jpg

post-2361-1178585862_thumb.jpg

post-2361-1178585874_thumb.jpg

post-2361-1178585888_thumb.jpg

post-2361-1178585900_thumb.jpg

post-2361-1178585909_thumb.jpg

post-2361-1178585923_thumb.jpg

post-2361-1178585932_thumb.jpg

post-2361-1178585994_thumb.jpg

That is a really nice looking kite... like Ant said, just a little tape. I would be interested in it, but probably can't afford it right now. There is a 'flight squadron' of 3 Hawaiians for sale on eBay right now, if anyone with deep pockets is interested...

~Rob.

rob i seen those they are up in the price but i think its because of a bidding war on those . they are hard to find . i had one and sold it like a dumb ass but i had no idea that they would be what they are today :kid_devlish:

I will have to dig out my 7 stack of 3/4's and get some pics of it. I think John Chilese has a couple on his webshots album from the last time I had it out.

Awesome kite, fun to fly....afterwards your arms start to look like Popeye's...but without the spinach.