KiteLife Forum

Hawaiian Team Kite

new2revs

Hello Dan. Just to relate, mine is not for sale, the Hawaiian Team was the only kite i bought when i first started out building and flying sport kites in the early 90's and i still have it. The rest i built myself and back then i sewed up a waist harness for it and thought flying it from the hips was a trick until i got back into sport kiting around 2004 after a long leave of absence and saw what Ray Bethel and some others do.

Before i bought my Hawaiian i built a version of it i drew from looking at pictures and last year i posted a pic (on another website) of me flying it back then with my 3 year old son watching in the snow. Like your inclination, when i first got back into sport kite flying in 2004, my Hawaiian was one of the first things i took out to fly.

I hope you get one if you haven't already but i'd also suggest that there are a lot of fine sport kites out there that have since evolved with a lot of new tech that's come along since then so at least give some of them a try. I will even go so far to say if you like the pull and traction of the Hawaiian there are some great quad line foils out there that will give you a lot of fun also.

• 3 months later...
i know that top of the line is no longer in buisness but im a desperatly looking to buy a Hawaiian Team Kite. back in my teenage first kiting days i worked part time at a local kite shop. they used to sell these but at the time i didnt have the funds to purchase one. i had the chance to learn to fly kites mostly with a Hawaiian. i Loved That Kite. iv just recently gotten back into flying kites and this was the first kite i looked for to purchase. i have looked everywhere for this kite new or used with no luck. does anyone on here know someone that has one for sale new or used or someone that would sell me there used Hawaiian? im willing to pay top $$$ for it. please help me find this kite!

Thanks Dan

Are you still looking for this kite? Is this what you are looking for?

post-3143-1189760754_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have a new red/white/blue stars and stripes for sale. I do not have a picture at this minute, but it is an original TOTL Hawiian stars and stripes model with the red and white center area with blue wing tips with a large white star on each wing tip. I have the original cash register receipt for $220.00 from a shop It was bought from many years ago. I am asking $175.00 plus shipping. No lines or handles included.

Hello,

I have a new red/white/blue stars and stripes for sale. I do not have a picture at this minute, but it is an original TOTL Hawiian stars and stripes model with the red and white center area with blue wing tips with a large white star on each wing tip. I have the original cash register receipt for $220.00 from a shop It was bought from many years ago. I am asking $175.00 plus shipping. No lines or handles included.

i would like to see pics

I also have 2 Hawaiian Team kites that I could possibly part with. They are presently set-up for a 2 stack and the individual bridles are around someplace :)

These have not been flown for many years, and have been in safe clean storage. From what I remember :revonhead: they are black with warm scheme chevrons at the trailing edges. Conditon GREAT! no rips, tears, or fading -at last look.

;) I'll listen to offers. Photos available soon.

• 5 weeks later...

From my previous post in the wrong section this post has jogged my memory on those other two Hawaians i have--Team kites. Also a couple of my misc.kites were called Hyper kites, one a two foot delta and the other a set of 3 one footers.I also used to have all of the kitelines magasines but tossed them thinking who else but me would ever read this stuff :rainbowwave:

• 8 months later...

I have a Hawaiian Team kite that I inherited when my brother passed.

It is in amazing condition and I had it out this past weekend.

Only problem with it is the way the "whiskers" as the manual calls them or "standoffs" slip out of the connector easily, anyone know where I can get replacements or something that would work?

Only problem with it is the way the "whiskers" as the manual calls them or "standoffs" slip out of the connector easily, anyone know where I can get replacements or something that would work?

A photo of my Hawaiian.

The standoffs are made from hollow fiberglass rod size .261.

Maybe try adding an end cap to the standoff or use smaller vinyl tubing.

post-3337-1217435164_thumb.jpg

A photo of my Hawaiian.

Thanks for the info.

I'll take a pic of mine later and put it up.

A photo of my Hawaiian.

Thanks for the info.

I'll take a pic of mine later and put it up.

Any photo yet?

A photo of my Hawaiian.

man looking at that reminds me of when i had mine.. same colors and all .. takes me back to the best times in wildwood back in the day