KiteLife Forum

Sport kites I´m considering for next buy

Jorge Arellano

Hi everyone, greetings from Mexico. This is my second post here at the forums. I´ve been retaking kiting since the winter. I´ve been flying a Xkite two line sport kite, the handling is good, but is no for slow winds, so I´m considering to take the next step and buy a better kite, which hadles a better wind range and also has a better way to do maneuvers in the air, an also that can be stackable.

By the way, I haven´t found in the web any information about how to do a stackable kite, how they are set up together, and how the dinamics of the set works with only two lines.

I have reviewed some sites in the web, so my choices are:

Prism 3D Indoor-outdoor

Prism Micron Outodoor

Prism Adrenaline

Nexus 5 stack

Any suggestions would be appreciated in helping me decide qhich one is better

Have a great day

Jorge

hi jorge, the 5 stack adrenaline would be a perfect choice...also, consider one of my favorites the hq delta dancer 3 stack...this stack comes with very unique carrying pouch that converts to tube or triangle shape...the delta dancer 3 stack was offered in the 2003 catalog, but not in the 2004...check with your favorite kite store and see if it is still in stock....sometimes i fly the stack to the extreme and "crash" but, so far never any damage to the kites (just my ego)...

kram...When i fly i go, i go APE (A Prism Enthusiast)

post-10-1087443160.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few questions here first... If you don't have a way to measure it yourself, check the weather channel on the radio.

What is your wind speed?

Do you want a kite to handle a wide range of wind? (Like from 2-25), or do you want a low wind kite ONLY?

Mario

Just a few questions here first... If you don't have a way to measure it yourself, check the weather channel on the radio.

And just exactly where is your weather channel reporting the weather from.

I have never, ever found the weather channel to give me an inkling of what the wind where I'm located to be, not within 10 mph. This is such a variable, I'm not sure it would tell you anything. I sail and the only way to know what your wind speed is to look where you're at the moment. Sometimes on the water you can be dead calm and see the wind a mile away and be a betting it'll be to you in 15 mins and an hour later, you're still becalmed.

Buckaroo bonzai said, now matter where you go, there you are. I say, not matter what the wind is elsewhere, you gotta fly what ya got. :wacko:

• 2 months later...

Jim,

Try tuning to NOAA weather radio like I do. You can buy a cheap weather band reciever from Radio Shack, and tune it to a near by frequency. 162 mhz if I remember correctly. They will give you the weather conditions around the area. Many boaters use this weather reporting as well.

Charly :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thank you for your help, I have a great view from my office of the place I regularly go to fly my kites to. Is the parking lot of the soccer stadium, no weather channel or info on that around, just my eyes to see the trees moving with the wind. When on the field I use a wind meter and this gives me the indication of what kite to use.

BTW, I have order a prism stack of adrenaline, I cant wait to get them.

Have a good day

Jorge