KiteLife Forum

I did it.....and I'm hooked!!!

SKITCH

Well hello all you Quadheads.

I finally broke out my new Rev 1.5 and had the wind to fly it. This was only my 2nd time since purchasing it at the end of last season and the first time I put it together wrong!!!!

Well, we were out at Ocean SHores over the weekend and after putting up a dozen or so SLK's I decided to just deal with the embarrassment that I would face in front of the masses of people on the beach and give the REV a shot. It paid off big time!!!

I broke it out......put it together (correctly this time) and got it laid out on the beach. AFter playing with it for 10- 15 minutes I was starting to get a little bit of feel for it when a guy approached me and asked me about it. It turned out that he used to fly for Team Cutting Edge...had flown for years and was pretty damn good with the Rev. He spent a good deal of time with me giving me a lesson or two and boy did it open up some doors. I feel totally comfortable with flying the kite now. NOt that I'm any good yet...but at least I know that I can keep it in the air and hopefully not take out any little kids or small animals with the kite.

I AM HOOKED>>>>>>>>DAMN. My wife is not happy about it. She's pissed at the money I've spent on kites and now knows that her time with me will be even less now that I will be out learning how to fly this thing every chance i get. I even want to get a couple more so that I can keep one in each vehicle and one in my kite bag. I guess it time to save up for the new B series kite.

Looking for flyers in the North Seattle area to fly with and learn from.

I'm excited!

P

Well Ant..... your wife must be pretty cool as well.....I would guess she has something to do with that custom Rev in your pic!!!!

And Quad Kit how would your wife get to your kites.....does she have the key or combo to your safe???

I'm trying to get her hooked as well. I'm trying all angles. I might get her interested in making kites...once she's hooked I'll have a better time of it. I told her that if she could make some nice kites it would save us a lot of money.......so, I'm hoping.

Ant, how many kites have you made so far and how did they fly?

P

Just make sure that your next few Rev's (and there will be a few more) are all the same color pattern.....helps hide them...."No honey...thats the same red/black one that I have always had....it only looks different cuz it is a little further/closer than your use to....... ;)

Just make sure that your next few Rev's (and there will be a few more) are all the same color pattern.....helps hide them...."No honey...thats the same red/black one that I have always had....it only looks different cuz it is a little further/closer than your use to....... ;)

Gee I bet you were kidding. Here is my one rev.

post-1817-1177940153_thumb.jpg

Looks like the same one to me, same colours so MUST be the same kite. Just jumping around a bit quickly, so quick it looks like more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wouldnt be daft enough to get more than one the same colour now would you?????????????

Looks like the same one to me, same colours so MUST be the same kite. Just jumping around a bit quickly, so quick it looks like more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wouldnt be daft enough to get more than one the same colour now would you?????????????

I would never get a 1.5 sle,sul,and vented in the same colors as a blast.

or would I.

Excellent suggestion Kent......And ANT.......Did you throw the (kidding) in there at the end due to the fact that someone else in the house might check out the Forum????

HMMMMMMM...

P

dude your good yea my wife does come on here but i dont lie to her i wouldnt be right but way to guess man really good

I just got a call from one of my customers who said that he has a deal with his wife that works...

His deal is that whatever he spends on a kite, his wife gets the same amount of money to spend on herself. Downside is that he has to save up double what the kite costs but at least he gets to buy a new kite now and then and his wife is actually eager for him to do so.

He says his wife is probably the only one that looks for the more expensive kites for him to buy. LOL

Kent,

That is a great idea...but at the rate of my recent buying and with the list of what I would like to have........That would cost me a lot of money.

Ant,

No disrespect meant with the questioning your "motives". From what I've read of your posts, sounds like you have an excellent wife that is very supportive of your hobby/addiction. Besides, with that Stallion......you've got one of the prettiest Revs out there.

I'm jealous.

P

Lmao... okok.. I had to chime in here and tell you this is NOT a gender issue lmao... believe me....and obviously I am not referring to monkey.. as we are both equally addicted... I did not even realize I had that many Revs in my bag. 9 in all, and considering I only started flying Revs 2 years ago.

This of course is in addition to my duels and my indoors and my.. omg... I need a twelve step program. Either that or I need to just hang out with you guys more lol... so I am just one of the crowd.

Lmao... okok.. I had to chime in here and tell you this is NOT a gender issue lmao... believe me....and obviously I am not referring to monkey.. as we are both equally addicted... I did not even realize I had that many Revs in my bag. 9 in all, and considering I only started flying Revs 2 years ago.

This of course is in addition to my duels and my indoors and my.. omg... I need a twelve step program. Either that or I need to just hang out with you guys more lol... so I am just one of the crowd.

It's ok Amy, It's ok. We do have Kiteflyer's Anonymous for fanatical kitefliers like us. Thank God the meetings are held on the beach!

BB

Penny