KiteLife Forum

my quad sticks

ant man

A new feel in your kite for 30 bucks? It's not permanent! Prove to yourself if magic sticks are a benefit or a hinderance. Give it a real try, not ten minutes against a lifetime of experiences. Try 'em in different wind conditions too. The best example of benefit is uncovered thru side-by-side testing with some friends, (try to examine only one variable at a time).

16 inch length sticks "roll-up" better on the 1.5 platform, but technique matters as much as equipment.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I used mine on a weekend away to the coast a couple of weekends ago. The best two hours of flying in my life. Perfect light winds as smooth as butter - not a swirly to be seen - this prairie boy was in heaven. I'm still a beginner of the rawest sort, so I can't make educated comments about before and after. But I felt like the kite was working with me instead of fighting me. And being able to just leave it propped up on the ground was wonderful.

The fine lines that brace the sticks love to get tangled with the bridle or jump on to any velcro nearby, but part of that may be that I'm breaking it down completely into the travel pouch.

But I'm a happy camper.

• Like 2

Got my Magic Sticks today from Flying Smiles Kites. I ordered the 16" set. Comes with all the lines that are color coded and easy to figure out how to attach them. The fitting that the sticks go into have a spider with 4 pigtails coming out, and each pigtail has 2 knows already on them, so tensioning the lines is very easy. Entire setup, taking my time, took about 15 minutes at the most, probably less. I had already flowin this morning for 4 hours, and now it is raining, so test flying the sticks will have to wait till tomorrow. Packing the kite up is really easy, just pull out the 2 sticks, and fold up as usual. You just have the extra lines , which look like a thin bridle, on the back of the kite. Very well designed and the kit by Flying Smiles is very professionally done.

http://www.flyingsmileskites.com/wordpress/2013/06/22/magic-stick-for-revs/

• Like 3