KiteLife Forum

what's a good stunt kite for around $120.00

everest_4

I would highly recommend the Acrobatx. This kite won the 2006 kite of the year award at the KTAI 2006 and retail price is around $80.00. Made by Flying Wings. The construction and build quality is awesome and it will do nearly anything you can throw at it. Another choice would be the Silver Fox, also from Flying Wings. The Silver Fox might be slightly higher than the $120.00 you are posting but very nice kite as well.

Other options (more intermediate than advanced but still great kites) Prism Quantum. Prism Hypnotist priced right at what you are looking for and comes with the Prism Freestyle Pilot DVD. Premier Nighthawk, excellent kite that tricks amazingly well. New Tech Techno is another nice kite that fits in your price range.

Just a few suggestions, I am sure there are plenty others that I missed.

I'm looking for a intermediate to advanced stunt kite for around 120.00. I'd welcome any suggestions.

Or what is your favorite stunt kite??

Hey There...

I would agree with WOC, the Prism Hypnotist (Mirage) is a great kite, flies in a variety of wind conditions, and seems to be very durable. The DVD is also VERY helpful. I've learned alot with mine, and haven't broken it once.

I also think the Acrobatx is a great kite, but it needs more wind than the Hypnotist. I've also managed to break it twice, but that's probably my fault. I think they both fly great, and are much more capable than I am.

Another worth mentioning is the Big Bang from New Tech. I've seen it for ~$100 and it comes with an instructional DVD as well.

Those 3 kites are the ones that come out of my kite bag most frequently.

Good Luck...

~Rob.

I like the Jump by Level One quite a bit, it has a permanent place in my bag... Runs about $100.

Fun kite, isn't it! and a little less than that actually.....90 bucks...and if you are an AKA member....take off 9 bucks......

I love watching John having fun with it in his Argentina video.

I think it's in the Subscriber's section.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm a beginner intermediate flyer. I've started this year with the intention of several of the easier tricks. I have an HQ Rave which flies fairly well, and I'm

beginning to pull a few axels on it. When the wind gets too strong for the rave, I switch to the HQ Phoenix Supreme. I find it hard to do tricks on it in the high winds. Having read John Barresi's suggestions to an another beginner recommending an Acrobatx or Silver Fox and having read other articles and the review mentioned by WEN above, I decided to invest myself in a Silver Fox 2.5 Std and 2.5 Vented. Being a slower kite there supposed to be easier to learn tricks on.

If these kites work out for me, I might invest in the UL also, as someone mentioned having all three kites of the same make makes it easier transitioning from one to the other as they handle similarly. I also own a Desire UL and an Airbow quad which I love as well. I was impressed with John Barresi's rev flying using the dogstake and I'm hoping to do this someday myself with the Airbow. I have an older Airsport Flash 170cx kite which I bought for my son a few years ago on holiday's but he never uses it. I'm keeping this for anyone who comes along when I'm flying and wants to have a go. I'm going put one of the Airbows handles on this during the week to have a go at flying the kite one handed, leading to flying two kites at once hopefully - inspired by the "man flying 2 kites at barcellona" on video.google.

Thank's to John Barresi for this wonderful site, Antman, Baloo and many others whose contributions etc open up their world to beginners like myself.