KiteLife Forum

reinforcing end of carbon rods

everest_4

Is there a way to prevent carbon rods from splitting, I have a Prism E2 and I've read quite abit where people have had trouble with the rods starting to crack on the ends. Is there a way to prevent this? Also what's the best way to pack up a kite after you're finished flying for the day? I don't mean long term storage just for a day or two.

Thanks guys for all the helpful info and tips I've gotten so far on this forum.

That's one of the things I don't like about the E2. Especially on one a bit older. The connection in the center of the leading edge causes the rods to split. I wrapped a bit of electrical tape on the ends and it seemed to help, but I don't fly the E2 much anymore.

as far as storing it, I never split the leading edges unless I need put it somewhere that's too small .

Steve :kid_devlish:

actually that connection is better then the aluminum ferrel used on most kites the ferrel eats up rods quicker then the male female set up the problem with the e2 is that the center male is not long enough to add strength my prism mirage has a longer male ferrel and it holds up great you can fix the e2 problem by simply getting a p230 skyshark rod and fitting a avia 230 rod inside it the avia rod should be no longer then 8 inches and centered perfectly then youll have more added strength and longer rod life. even though the numbers aound the same the sizes of both rods are diffrent

• 4 weeks later...