KiteLife Forum

*HÉCTOR'S YO-YO'S STAKE*

HectorHerr

It wouldn't be a huge difference, but to an experienced Rev pilot, you'd be able to feel the effect. :)

John

You being a really great dog stake pilot, it would be fun to get your reaction to flying with a dog stake very different from your own. We would then know how much difference the distance between the rings really makes. I seem to remember that your rings are less than an inch apart.

Jim

Penny Lingenfelter INDOOR DOGSTAKING...??? :) You've got me???

Hi Penny!!! I was reading some of the previous postings when I didn't know anything about dog stakes, and came across this one, posted by you!!! Indoors??? :blue-confused: I am trying to imaging how it is done Indoors...??? what? just walk backwards like flying the regular indoor style? I...I...I don't get it. :):blue-confused:

Dog Staking~ You can use the rope on the field too. Indoors use the hoop, or volley ball pole to dog stake off of inside. Connect up high indoors. BB Penny

Good morning hector. I've not tried it yet, but Lee Sedgwick said to dog stake from high up. I need to do that. I don't want to use the basket ball hoop for fear of catching it on the rim, but if I can get them to put up a vollyball pole, I should be able to use that.

You do not have to walk backwards all the time with an indoor Rev.

Sideways, forward.. sit down.. so Dog staking will be another challenge.

Isn't it great that this sport has so many options.

BB Penny

Good morning hector. I've not tried it yet, but Lee Sedgwick said to dog stake from high up. I need to do that. I don't want to use the basket ball hoop for fear of catching it on the rim, but if I can get them to put up a vollyball pole, I should be able to use that.

BB Penny

Good afternoon Penny! it is 6:30 pm and I came from work about half an hour ago, and I am responding. Thanks for the info. and... talking about Mr. Lee Sedgwick, He IS a true legend, and HE is big. I wonder if "was He the first person to ever use the dog stake for kite flying? and if so...my admiration for such a personality will be much bigger than what it is allready.

check my ignorancy about this matter, the first video I saw about D.S. Flying was from John Barresi and I sent him an E-mail asking him, if he had a motor in his arm or something, to bring the kite in and out, cause I could not see how the kite could come close to him. Then I saw the FAMOUS AND NOW CLASIC "LADY IN RED" and that video from Lee Sedwick put a big impact on me, and I decided to pursue that kind of flying, In fact I wanted to make a RED QUAD, and re-do the lady in red with a Quad. I even downloaded Lady in Red song for that purpose, say hello to Mr. Lee Sedwick when you see him.

Thanks Penny.

Hello Hector.

Yes, Lee Sedgwick invented dog staking. He is full of innovative ideas. He was the first no wind flyer I saw, too. he also invented the UFO.. that you can single line, dual, or quad fly indoor and out, with 1 or more sticks for people attached to the kite. He's not done yet. I'm always looking to see what the man will bring us next.

Goodluck with the dog stake. I'll try to get a picture on here of me dogstaking. The only way you can tell is the wind in my face and hair and on my dress.

BB

Penny

BB Penny

Good afternoon Penny! it is 6:30 pm and I came from work about half an hour ago, and I am responding. Thanks for the info. and... talking about Mr. Lee Sedgwick, He IS a true legend, and HE is big. I wonder if "was He the first person to ever use the dog stake for kite flying? and if so...my admiration for such a personality will be much bigger than what it is allready.

check my ignorancy about this matter, the first video I saw about D.S. Flying was from John Barresi and I sent him an E-mail asking him, if he had a motor in his arm or something, to bring the kite in and out, cause I could not see how the kite could come close to him. Then I saw the FAMOUS AND NOW CLASIC "LADY IN RED" and that video from Lee Sedwick put a big impact on me, and I decided to pursue that kind of flying, In fact I wanted to make a RED QUAD, and re-do the lady in red with a Quad. I even downloaded Lady in Red song for that purpose, say hello to Mr. Lee Sedwick when you see him.

Thanks Penny.

Aye, the Lady in Red routine is legendary... The true inspiration for my Wolf routine. ;)

Really? Is that right?

I wonder if Mr. Lee Sedwick would allowed me to RE-DO Lady in Red, with a Red Kite I have in Mind. :innocent:

I have this wild idea about a brand new Flat Kite design, and it would be perfect if I could do it with the same song.

Of course, this are only ideas, but just like Mr. Lee. Sedwick, and the statemen by Penny, this is a world of innovations.

New kite design? New Yo-Yos stake? Hmmm...whatya think?

Thanks Penny and of course Thanks Mr. L.S. ;)

• 1 month later...

Kewl Black Widow spider. Great with the jazzy version of "Itsy Bitsy Spider'.

I'll try to post a picture of me dogstaking that Mary Ostey (sp) took on Kite hill.

The kite is in front of me, and the wind is blowing my hair and dress showing the direction. I think it's my favorite picture, because I can see the wind.

post-61-1186117801_thumb.jpg

that wolf mask was cool john when you showed it to me in wildwood .........hmmmm i wonder if i should start doin spider man flights :wub:

I guess you would need THIS KITE... ;)

:kid_cussing:

Sweet kite! But to do that, you'd need to use the song "Spider Man" by Michael Buble. It'd be perfect!!!!!!!!!