KiteLife Forum

The good and bad when shopping online.

FlyinKen

The good :o : About a month ago I bought a kite online ( when local source did not carry what I wanted) from "A wind of change" in Las Vegas. I ordered it on a Friday afternnon, and was happy to get it on that following Monday. Wonderfull service, I was quite happy.

The bad: :) Last Friday 06/08 in the morning I ordered a kite from a different online souce in California (again, local source did not have exactly what I wanted) Here it is almost a week later, and no kite yet. They have not even sent it yet. (the online status page keeps indicating pending order) I called the store on Tuesday, and he told me the kite was back ordered, and was not sure when it would be in. I even paid more for shipping and handling.

He just lost all of any other future business.

So when ordering online, call and confirm item is in stock before paying. :)

**FlyinKen**

i ordered a kite from guideworks as i didnt know they build to order untill after i paid for it i got a few e mails from marc ricketts about getting my kite but its has been 4 months since i ordered it i just hope to get it soon as i just got a reasent e mail stateing that its comeing soon but after all this time i dont know what to beleave :) as for al the other companies ive ordered from all have gotten me my stuff successfully .. the best and fastest service ive gotten from the online kite shopping is from revolution kites so far.

Last Friday 06/08 in the morning I ordered a kite from a different online souce in California (again, local source did not have exactly what I wanted) Here it is almost a week later, and no kite yet. They have not even sent it yet. (the online status page keeps indicating pending order) I called the store on Tuesday, and he told me the kite was back ordered, and was not sure when it would be in. I even paid more for shipping and handling.

So when ordering online, call and confirm item is in stock before paying. :confused!:

**FlyinKen**

Ugh! I think I ordered from the same place recently. Ya knowwww, communication is such a ~easy~ and helpful thing. An email would have really helped. Now I leave for vacation without my new kite. *Cries*

My online source posts live up to the minute inventory on their kiting stuff, they are actually one of John's links on the homepage of kite retailers... midwestkites . com

Tell 'em Kris with a K sent you or KiT :)

I also, when first ordering ordered two REVs from a source in Cali... I was never contacted about late shipping and status... I spent 400 with them on two kites...

I have been so pleased with the 14 REVs through, checking quality before shipping, shipping quickly, emailing communications, that I have experienced from Midwestkites and I would order 14 more if i could afford them :)

Last Friday 06/08 in the morning I ordered a kite from a different online souce in California (again, local source did not have exactly what I wanted) Here it is almost a week later, and no kite yet. They have not even sent it yet. (the online status page keeps indicating pending order) I called the store on Tuesday, and he told me the kite was back ordered, and was not sure when it would be in. I even paid more for shipping and handling.

So when ordering online, call and confirm item is in stock before paying. :)

**FlyinKen**

Ugh! I think I ordered from the same place recently. Ya knowwww, communication is such a ~easy~ and helpful thing. An email would have really helped. Now I leave for vacation without my new kite. *Cries*

That would suck, planning a vacation, and not having something that was ordered to take along.

And with "AntMan" waiting over 4 months, I may have asked for some sort of partial refund.

**FlyinKen**

i hope i could get something for the trouble . but im not they type who is going to go crazy . but what makes me mad is that i wanted my 333 by wildwood so i could let the guys who came there fly it a 3 line kite for all us quad heads to try and nothing well i hope to get it soon

That would suck, planning a vacation, and not having something that was ordered to take along.

And with "AntMan" waiting over 4 months, I may have asked for some sort of partial refund.

**FlyinKen**

It does suck mightily and it's poor customer service to boot.

i hope i could get something for the trouble . but im not they type who is going to go crazy . but what makes me mad is that i wanted my 333 by wildwood so i could let the guys who came there fly it a 3 line kite for all us quad heads to try and nothing well i hope to get it soon

ANT....I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT YOU STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THAT KITE!!!!!! I HOPE THEY ARE AT LEAST TALKING TO YOU BY NOW.

(By the way....looks like you figured out how to animate your pic......looks good.)

I have been so pleased with the 14 REVs through, checking quality before shipping, shipping quickly, emailing communications, that I have experienced from Midwestkites and I would order 14 more if i could afford them ;)

Come on QUAD......you know it's just a matter of time...you'll get the 14 more!!! It's only money anyway!!!! :):)

Who you kiddin'!

Hope you all get to fly this weekend....have a great time.

P

I've heard this before, and I've heard that a company will say, "We have it in stock" and then after they pay, it was sold right before you ordered, so it's gone and is now on back order.

My suggestion would be to ask, Is it in stock? Can you put my name on it at this moment, so it is not sold? Then pay by card over the phone or however you decide. A hard copy email would be even better.

I'm sure it happens whre it gets sold from under you, but it's so frustrating!

BB

Penny

I've heard this before, and I've heard that a company will say, "We have it in stock" and then after they pay, it was sold right before you ordered, so it's gone and is now on back order.

My suggestion would be to ask, Is it in stock? Can you put my name on it at this moment, so it is not sold? Then pay by card over the phone or however you decide. A hard copy email would be even better.

I'm sure it happens whre it gets sold from under you, but it's so frustrating!

BB

Penny

:) As far as the kite I ordered a week ago, I called again today at 2:30pm west coast time.

I should get it this coming Tuesday, shipped from the east coast somewhere.

I did not have big plans like some of you others. So just a few more days of waitings

**FlyinKen**

Think yourselves lucky you aint buying in the UK, you get the same nonsense here and end up paying twice as much for the pleasure. Of my 5 kite related orders during the last month not one was completed properly....still waiting to hear from two of them...perhaps they are allergic to the phone or keyboard....and then they wonder why folk here shop in the US. :)

:) As far as the kite I ordered a week ago, I called again today at 2:30pm west coast time.

I did not have big plans like some of you others. So just a few more days of waitings

**FlyinKen**

Please let me know how this turns out, Ken, as I believe I ordered my kite around the same time as you. I was told mine was to be shipped on Friday, but the order tracking on their website still says "Pending", Grrrrrrr. I am SO. Not. Happy. about this.

;) As far as the kite I ordered a week ago, I called again today at 2:30pm west coast time.

**FlyinKen**

Please let me know how this turns out, Ken, as I believe I ordered my kite around the same time as you. I was told mine was to be shipped on Friday, but the order tracking on their website still says "Pending", Grrrrrrr. I am SO. Not. Happy. about this.

As of this moment, my kite has not been delivered.

I will give him (Tony @ Bestkites) Saturday to deliver.

On Saturday evening, if no delivery, a complaint will be sent to the BBB. (he shows 3 similar complaints when I looked.)

I will also try and get my money back.

It sounds like we may have ordered from the same place.

My online log-in also shows "pending".

When I talked to Tony on Wednesday, he said it would be here today for sure.

When I called him today, he put me on HOLD, and then I was disconnected. After that, just got his voice mail.

I now no longer believe his word. :innocent:

**FlyinKen**

I ma

;) As far as the kite I ordered a week ago, I called again today at 2:30pm west coast time.

**FlyinKen**

On Saturday evening, if no delivery, a complaint will be sent to the BBB. (he shows 3 similar complaints when I looked.)

When I called him today, he put me on HOLD, and then I was disconnected. After that, just got his voice mail.

I now no longer believe his word. :innocent:

**FlyinKen**

I ma

Awwwww Man! That So Sucks!!! ;) I hope you get your order (and in proper shape). Mine apparently was shipped out this week (I was given a UPS tracking #), but I'm reserving final judgement until it actually arrives in my hands. Last time I tried to call I was met by answering machines. I'm very aggravated by the lack of communication there. So Not Impressed. If I get screwed with the shipping, I will be adding to the list of reports to the BBB.

• 2 weeks later...
:D As far as the kite I ordered a week ago, I called again today at 2:30pm west coast time.

**FlyinKen**

I now no longer believe his word. :kid_cussing:

**FlyinKen**

I ma

Awwwww Man! That So Sucks!!! :( I hope you get your order (and in proper shape). Mine apparently was shipped out this week (I was given a UPS tracking #), but I'm reserving final judgement until it actually arrives in my hands. Last time I tried to call I was met by answering machines. I'm very aggravated by the lack of communication there. So Not Impressed. If I get screwed with the shipping, I will be adding to the list of reports to the BBB.

Final update.

The kite arrived today :)

When I ordered the kite, there was 3 things that I had choice of.

Size, design, and controll option ( quad handles or controll bar.)

Well, at least the size was right. (though I would not have minded getting a bigger 1 for the same price.)

But it showed up with the wrong design, and wrong controll option.

What matters the most here though, is I am going to enjoy it alot!

It'l just be hard waiting for some wind. ( I'm sure no one else ever had this problem ;) , yea right.)

**FlyinKen**