KiteLife Forum

Seattle Family Mentor Kite Festival

Penny Lingenfelter

Hey, this event is the same weekend at Stephenson. Most of the flyers will be there.

This event is not about doing demo's, though they would like those and there will be time for a few.

It's more about hands on kite flying for the kids and their family. Last year I gave lessons all day long. Usually with 5 kites going at the same time.

I can do UFO's, I can do Rev.'s but I don't do dual lines.

If you would like to promote kiting, work your behind off without pay and possibly even brake a kite spar.. this is the job for you! :) It really is a great event geared towards under privlaged familes.

Come help me and maybe even get a few Rev tips in. :) BB Penny

July 28, 2007 9-5pm. Please contact me if you would like to join in.

Penny,

I don't fly duallies but I would love to help if you need me. I'm not that good at the REV yet...but it could be fun to let the kids fly it...I know enough to go over the basics. I could also put up quite a few SLK's if you need that kind of display.

Just let me know. If Tammy is in town I'm sure she would love to help as well.

Is there another festival going on at the same time? Don't know what or where "Stephenson" is?

I could also help you reach out to some local dual line fliers if you need it.

Take care,

Patrick

I would love to have you there Patrick. I'm looking for Rachel too. She's from that side of the water. If she's not away that weekend, she had said she might help.

Stephenson is in Canada. Another event I don't seem to be able to make it to. Oh well, watch competion or hands on kiteflying for family. I'm choosing the Family mentoring festival this year.

Great.. I will see you there! Mark your calenday.

Great, it's good to know I have someone to help. Be sure and bring all your patience.. this event requires it. It's a very rewarding event. Now... go grab a two liner. I would suggest as short of lines as possible due to the crowd and possible light winds.

Then, we have to plan a Sunset Beach, OR trip to fly and buggy in the next couple of weeks.

I'm trying to hook up with Jim from Olympia who just bought a new rev. We're looking into next wednesday at Stillicoom. I still have to hear back. Steven double booked me to have dinner with friends Wed. So it's not set in stone yet. At least it's staying lighter outside longer, so we'll have more fly time.

BB Penny

I would love to have you there Patrick. I'm looking for Rachel too. She's from that side of the water. If she's not away that weekend, she had said she might help.

Stephenson is in Canada. Another event I don't seem to be able to make it to. Oh well, watch competion or hands on kiteflying for family. I'm choosing the Family mentoring festival this year.

Great.. I will see you there! Mark your calenday.

Great, it's good to know I have someone to help. Be sure and bring all your patience.. this event requires it. It's a very rewarding event. Now... go grab a two liner. I would suggest as short of lines as possible due to the crowd and possible light winds.

Then, we have to plan a Sunset Beach, OR trip to fly and buggy in the next couple of weeks.

I'm trying to hook up with Jim from Olympia who just bought a new rev. We're looking into next wednesday at Stillicoom. I still have to hear back. Steven double booked me to have dinner with friends Wed. So it's not set in stone yet. At least it's staying lighter outside longer, so we'll have more fly time.

BB Penny

Hi Penny

I'm planning to be there. Valerie isn't able to attend due to a conflict. I'm not sure of Rachel's schedule so she can answer for herself.

Glenn

Great Glenn, I'm glad to have your help.. and you can fly! Tell Rachel to let me know. I'm looking forward to seeing her there if she can make it.

BB Penny

Hi Penny

I'm planning to be there. Valerie isn't able to attend due to a conflict. I'm not sure of Rachel's schedule so she can answer for herself.

Glenn

• 1 month later...

Glad you found it Glen. The first time my husband and I went we couldn't find it. It was listed on our map under it's oficial name. "Wade Magnuson" I think it was. It is easy to find Patrick.

I'm almost all packed. What a mess I left my self after Brookings.

Looking forward to seeing you all there. BB Penny

Penny,

do you have an address for the location?

Thanks,

P

Sandpoint Magnuson Park (Kite Hill)

7400 SandPoint Way

Seattle, WA, USA

It is list on AKA site for more info.

Glenn

It was a fun event. We met lots of cute kids and friendly families.

I think my best Rev. flyer for the day was a little girl named Angel about 7 years old. She was a go getter-out flying all of her family.

Now, I think I am going to just give up on my age and be 50 forever. Last year a newspaper said I was 50 when I was not yet. This year, Kate, the reporter asked how old I was. I asked her why? They don't put men's ages in the paper. I explained last year they put I was 50 when I was almost and I am not 50.. but poor Kate, with all her notes said I was 50. She did a good job.

lol If you are a Rev flier and read the article you will get a laugh. The reporter listened to my no wind lesson and wrote about it. I'm hoping the other newspaper will have pictures up somewhere. Here is the link.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/325562_kite28.html

BB Penny