KiteLife Forum

Who Made These???

Aerochic

• 3 weeks later...

What's the right price? Cuz they're mine. I made them at the Maryland Kite Society retreat in February. It's Jon Burkhardt's design. They're hellaciously simple to make -- pick four colors, cut the pieces out, overlap them and sew together -- and took me about one day per banner. I've got four done (just rotating the colors through the pattern) and I'll probably make four more.

And the plans will be published in the autumn issue of KITING (which means that if you're not an AKA member, you've got about three weeks to join in order to get the next issue).

What's the right price? Cuz they're mine. I made them at the Maryland Kite Society retreat in February. It's Jon Burkhardt's design. They're hellaciously simple to make -- pick four colors, cut the pieces out, overlap them and sew together -- and took me about one day per banner. I've got four done (just rotating the colors through the pattern) and I'll probably make four more.

And the plans will be published in the autumn issue of KITING (which means that if you're not an AKA member, you've got about three weeks to join in order to get the next issue).

Those of us without sewing machines wouldn't mind buying some of those off of you. I have no idea what to ask for a price tho! :? My budget is very limited right now, but I know that the cost of one's labor is hard to determine. These looked really wonderful on the beach, btw! :kid_brooding:

Thanks. Problem isn't price, it's time. If you want to pick four colors out, I can get you a banner, oh, maybe sometime in January if I'm lucky. Right now I've got a nice backlog of kites I need to build for competition and other people.

Ahhhhh, it's great to be in demand tho! :D Do you have a website up of your work? I'd love to check it out.

I have no problem waiting until January. Stay tuned for a forum email from me. :)

No website. I don't typically sell anything, so I've never worried about advertising. Quickest way to get a Twelvewinds kite is to a)trade me for something you've built, or :) be my friend for a lot of years until I run out of store-bought stuff to give you for your birthday.

If you really want to see my work, just read KITING. As the editor, pages 1-52 are my work. :D

i was at a beach party yesterday with my good friend phil broder and he had these flags set up as soon as i saw them i thought of this topic i still dont know the maker but in person they look really nice thats for sure