KiteLife Forum

Kite crash, broken sprar and litle cut in sail

outsync

Hey peeps.

I had a litle accident this weekend, I crashed my kite and one of the vertical spars broke, not that bad since I have spares ... but there is a litle cut in the sail.

What would be the best way to take care of this.

TIA

The tape works best and is easiest to do. Just cut two pieces of tape slightly larger than the hole. Round the corners to help the tape stick longer. Lay the sail down on a solid surface and match the two pieces together as close as possible. Be careful not to pull the sail to tight and cause wrinkles. Put one piece of tape on the front and then place the other on the back and your good to go.

glue works well for small tears.

Put some scotch tape (cellophane tape) on one side. Apply a little crazy glue to the tear on the other side. Let it dry for a few hours. Remove the tape.

glue works well for small tears.

Put some scotch tape (cellophane tape) on one side. Apply a little crazy glue to the tear on the other side. Let it dry for a few hours. Remove the tape.

The cut is only about 1/2 inch, so I will go ahead and use some supper glue to fix it.

Thank you for the replies

happy flying

Kewl, Since I'm not a sewer, glue sounds like a good fix. But I am tough on everything, so a little glue and tape might be what I need. Good to know...... thanks. Let us know if the glue comes undone, too.. oh... what wind conditions were you tested wit?

BB

Penny

The glue seems to hold verry well, I went out today, winds at 15 mph with gusts upto 20 mph, kite behaved super and the glue to :sign_kitelife:

That is great to know. I don't mind flying in 30 mph and I'm tough-tough I tell you on kites. :0

Kewl, Since I'm not a sewer, glue sounds like a good fix. But I am tough on everything, so a little glue and tape might be what I need. Good to know...... thanks. Let us know if the glue comes undone, too.. oh... what wind conditions were you tested wit?

BB

Penny

The glue seems to hold verry well, I went out today, winds at 15 mph with gusts upto 20 mph, kite behaved super and the glue to :sign_kitelife: