KiteLife Forum

Movie premiere at AKA convention

twelvewinds

Alright, I've been holding this news in for a couple weeks, waiting for the official announcement. And I just can't keep it secret anymore! It's my birthday, and I need to share the joy.

If you need another reason to attend the 30th AKA Convention in Ocean Shores, WA, how 'bout this...

On Monday, October 1, at 8:00 p.m., the world premiere of "The Kite Runner" will be in Ocean Shores (at the theater near the convention center), open only to convention attendees. The movie was filmed in part at Cesar Chavez Park in Berkeley, CA, using several AKA members. It's directed by Marc Forster, whose recent work includes "Stranger Than Fiction." This movie won't open in the rest of the world until early November, so come to Ocean Shores and get the jump on everyone else. Paramount Vantage Studios will also be handing out free goodies.

Don't forget the popcorn!

wow i didnt even know about that and i live in ocean shores wa.!!! hmmm im going to have to go to the movies and find out more.. kinda weird that a movie like that is coming to our theaters.. cause ours is really small its olny 3 theaters, they should do it in aberdeen theirs is huge! and its olny a half hour away... well im going to have to find out more about that....

love always,

jen

ps and happy late b-day!!!

Jen:

We worked out the deal with Paramount Studios to show the movie in Ocean Shore because the AKA convention starts there that day, so 400 kitefliers will be in town. And since the movie will only be open to convention registrants -- in other words, you WON'T be able to buy a ticket at the box office that day -- the only way to see it is to sign up for the convention. Or wait until November when it comes out in general release.