KiteLife Forum

minergy 333

ant man

hello people i just got 2 minergy 333 kites from guideworks and man are the kites wild to fly .. it has a wild curve is its a 3 line kite marc sent me 2 line sets one is only a 6 foot indoor set and another is a 10 foot outdoor set i flew on both linesets and like the 10 foot better as im learning to fly tihs thing .. its very diffrent as it requires wrist movements to move it .. so far ive mastered side moves and doing big circles if amyone here has one i need some info on it to help me get better at it thanks.. ill have pics of them as soon as i get my camera fixed

sorry my camera is fine i gotta get a new usb cable so when i get it ill send the pics ... but for now i must say that this is the best kite by far the 6 foot lines allowed me to fly it in my kitchen .... THATS RIGHT MY KITCHEN!!!!!! i moved my stuff and opened up my kitchen and flew my 333 in there and now im doing a night fly with it in front of my house with the porch light to see ... thanks for marc riketts for makeing them in white so i can see them no matter when i fly them.. friends these kites are the answer for no matter where you go . other kite companies say you can fly them anywhere but this one i can say means it.. if you get one or have one you must put it on 6 foot lines and see what it can do it will blow your mind ... its like an airel puppet the only handycap i have is that i can spin it one way but not the other and i cant fly 2 at once yet as i tried and tangeled the lines ... now dont get me wrong i love revolution and prism kites but now that i got my hands on one of these im going to add more to my collection ... im going to try a few other places to fly these that i thought i never could and once again when i get my cable il get the pics of these i promise

Yo Ant...

Thanks alot ! Now there's something else I have to have... My wife's gonna kill me when she sees that box at the door!

I thought those 333s looked cool when I saw them, and I've always had it in the back of my mind that I'll get one someday... Now I need one sooner !

~Rob.

rob im going to go get my new usb cable today . my son tore up my other one.. once i get it ill send the pics of my 2 they are both all white.. keep in mind they take a while to get i ordered mine in fabuary and got them now because their were a ton of orders in front of me.. and marc builds the kites to order .. the best part is you can choose your color patterns . i choose all white so i can see them at night and i like all white sails.. i was out untill 2 am in my back yard in the dark and the kite looked like a shooting star it was so sick ... you must have at least one in your bag as thise is the only kite that needs O wind to fly. im makeing a 20 foot lineset for it to see what it does as marc said they can take up to 2 mph wind and thats pushing the limits.. you can get 2 diffrent sizes of 333 the regular and the minergy witch is what i have. i plan on ordering a deca and a regular 333 in the future .. but im now saveing up for a rev b series

post-812-1185719924_thumb.jpgpost-812-1185719943_thumb.jpg

here are the pics of the kites one is the kites and the other is the triangle handle that flies them

Hey Ant...

I stumbled across these a while ago while doing a google search, and bookmarked them. I figured I would come back to them once I get out of my real estate deals (last 1 1/2 years) and had some spending money once again. Now you've lit the fire and brought them to the front burner. If I forgo the next 2 weeks of Starbucks, I can order one of these... seems like a small price to pay for a quick backyard flying fix. I've been playing around with an air-yo recently, because I haven't had time to get out to the beach. The 333 looks like it will do more to satisfy the flying itch...

Thanks for sharing your 333, and if you've come across any videos of someone flying them, or the Decas, could you tell me where to find them ?

~Rob.

watty.. the trick to the 333 kites are simple . you hold the handle and its alot of wrist movements .. its kind of like a flying puppet.. the best part is on the 6 foot lines you can do the around the head throw and catch. this is where you spin the kite around you and after the full rotation slack the line and the kite will float fo a quick 2 seconds thats when you grab it and then with a twist you can spin the kite back into flight. haveing the one hand free all the time makes this the eaziest kite to do this with.. i just want to try to fly them both at the same time without tangleing the lines.....

rob.. . im glad i lit the flame:-) i just hope your wife doesnt hunt me down lol .. the kites are $50 each they come with lines and handle.. no instructions so youll have to figure it out like i did.. but youll catch on to it fast i learnd to fly it in 4 hours however im still trying to do other things with it like for now i can left spin but not right.. i have to keep untwisting the lines witch takes seconds.. the only down side with the lines is that when they twist a few times its harder to control .. not like the lazer pro where you can twist the hell out of them and keep going..if you want to see some videos the only ones i ever found were the lee and debbie park deca videos .. i to am wondering if i could ever find a 333 video so i can learn some tricks.. i will tell you this youll get some bizare looks from people like yourmental or something so be ready for that too

if you want to know more come into kite chat im logged in now