KiteLife Forum

I'm back...

Grandpa

I have had a summer from h*ll... work, work and more work... job security??!! :sign_kitelife:

I finally got to fly my B-series two weeks ago... for about an hour, bummer on the time limit. Super sweet!

Grandma and I are flying out to Otter Rock on 8/30 and returning on 9/5. Our arms will be tired from the flying... :(

But if you're in the neighborhood, I'd love to fly with my Kitelife and iQuad buds. :)

We are staying at the Inn at Otter Crest... PM or email for my cell number...

I know it's close to WSIKF, but I can't take the week before or the week of school starting.

Sorry Bill, won't be there... 9/5, will just have come back from Crescent City, CA for the Windchasers Labor Day fly... Then off to Milwaukee, WI the following weekend for another event.

NO WSIKF??? *gasp*

How about AKA Nationals in Ocean Shores, October 1-7? iQuad will be giving a workshop on Rev Team Flying there. :kid_cussing:

Sorry Bill, won't be there... 9/5, will just have come back from Crescent City, CA for the Windchasers Labor Day fly... Then off to Milwaukee, WI the following weekend for another event.

NO WSIKF??? *gasp*

How about AKA Nationals in Ocean Shores, October 1-7? iQuad will be giving a workshop on Rev Team Flying there. :kid_cussing:

They moved the starting date of school, 8/27, without asking me if I had plans and made a rule that no one takes time off the week before and the first day (they read first day as first week)... I'm pushing it by leaving on the 30th. Maybe we'll cross lines at PDX!

I'm keeping Ocean Shores on my calendar, but don't tell any body... Shhhhh... :wub:

Grandma just told me that we are going to Bear Lake Sunday... Brightest blue I have every seen in water... google it Sunday and I'll wave to you from the beach...

Hey Grandpa, you will be back just in time to see if you have won the new draw kite then.

Hope the time FLYS by for you. I am away about the same time. Got to stay in the UK though, hope the wind blows!!

Hey Grandpa, you will be back just in time to see if you have won the new draw kite then.

Hope the time FLYS by for you. I am away about the same time. Got to stay in the UK though, hope the wind blows!!

I'm thinking John and I can meet at PDX and save the shipping :kid_cussing:

So where are you off to... someplace fun I hope.

Going down the South coast to a place called the New Forest. Towing a caravan with me for 3 weeks. Really lovely place been going for years. Got a good kite shop and loads of kites at Hengistbury Head.

Also kite fest in Portsmouth to go to.

Going down the South coast to a place called the New Forest. Towing a caravan with me for 3 weeks. Really lovely place been going for years. Got a good kite shop and loads of kites at Hengistbury Head.

Also kite fest in Portsmouth to go to.

As I recall, we call a caravan a camp trailer...? :confused!:

Is that near Christchurch Harbor... I looked at Google... how is it that you have miles of beach without hotels everywhere?

Yep, not far from Christchurch Harbor. The area that folks fly in is between the two car parks near Broadway.

There are some hotels along some of the beaches, we do have vast miles of coastland with no buildings on them. If you are looking at Google Earth and scan along the coast you will see what I mean.

We take our "camp trailer" (not an Airstream unfortunatly) to a little place inland called Frogham and stay behind a Pub called the Forresters Arms.

No hotels and no Airstream... must be unbearable for you!... LOL

A dry place to stay... behind a pub... an arm load of kites... three weeks... near a beach... behind a pub... kites... pub...

beer or ale goggles... I fail to see the down side...

Have a wonderful time, Chris and tug one for me.

I assure you I will have more than one for you Bill.

Even if it rains all the time I will have FUN. Oh yes I did mention the Kite Fest didnt I?? now going to get to see Stephen hoath and the rest of his team.

Absolute bliss.