KiteLife Forum

New quad in my kite bag

outsync

Hey quad heads,

I bought a new quad line kite this week, I live near Ostend (Belgium) and one of the few kite factories in Belgium is here. So I noticed on there website they have a showroom and shop so I went out to pay them a visit. I left with a new kite bag, small single line Ostend bird, a new dual line delta for my daughter and a quad line hakuna.

The hakuna is small quad line kite, I needs some wind to get it going but is realy nice to fly and has a realy nice look.

I gonne try to get 1 or 2 more to get them stacked. ;)

I found a review in german here , Didak website can be found here

didak_hakuna.bmp

Hey quad heads,

I bought a new quad line kite this week, I live near Ostend (Belgium) and one of the few kite factories in Belgium is here. So I noticed on there website they have a showroom and shop so I went out to pay them a visit. I left with a new kite bag, small single line Ostend bird, a new dual line delta for my daughter and a quad line hakuna.

The hakuna is small quad line kite, I needs some wind to get it going but is realy nice to fly and has a realy nice look.

I gonne try to get 1 or 2 more to get them stacked. :kid_cussing:

My team has 6 of these. They are very (and I mean very) fast. We flew them a few years back at teh Ostende festival. The wind was so strong that nothing else on the beach was flying. I haven't had so much fun for ages. When the wind is blowing 40kph plus try flic-flacking them. They're mental!

They also work well as a stack. http://www.theflyingsquad.org/hakuna%20stack%20%231.html

I hope you enjoy it.

ps I would suggest super glueing the line attachments to the handles. We had one fly off and it was a big mess (I was flic-flacking a lot in very high winds so it's really my own fault)

That's a fun looking kite. How do they fly compared to a Rev????? Similar look but I would imagine a little stiffer since they are "thicker" through the middle????

P

The kite is about half the size of a rev II and framed in 6mm carbon. It is bullet proof so good for beginers in that sense. However it is very quick and so may be challenging to learn on.

I love this kite but really only fly it when the wind is near 30mph. However, my 4 yr old son will fly it any time. For him it is perfect as the handles are nice and small. Of course now he has a custom Rev II that Lolly made the Hakuna is not flown as often :kid_cussing:

Have seen them for sale, often wondered what they were like to fly.

My first Quad was a HQ Hypnotic. SOOOOO quick. Glad I gave up and got a Rev.

Hang on just went and had a look, it is a M Quad. Twitchy little devil. Might take it on holliday with me now that I am more used to quads and give it another go.

Cute, I hadn't seen one of those before. 1/2 the size of a Rev. II?! I bet they are quick. BB Penny

Hey quad heads,

I gonne try to get 1 or 2 more to get them stacked. :kid_cussing: