KiteLife Forum

me first kite set (Silver Fox)

wen

Wen, it was nice seeing you fly at BASKC this weekend. I managed to spend a little time on Scott Weider's standard Silver Fox the end of Saturday. Interesting kite, but then I am "old school" and don't know all these new tricks. New kites really want to jump on their back at the slightest provocation.

--Lee Hetherington

(flew a SUL rainbow Rev and an old-school yellow/white/blue homemade SUL all weekend--well I did briefly get the Katana in my avatar up a little on Saturday)

flew a SUL rainbow Rev

And you made me smile every time you landed it on the "Staff" and "Kite Store" tents. Some pretty impressive side slides considering the lack on wind on Sunday.

an old-school yellow/white/blue homemade SUL all weekend.

DOH!! That's explains why I couldn't identify it. Should have just asked you what it was, instead of going bald scratching my head. Very pretty SUL.

Sam

(flew a SUL rainbow Rev and an old-school yellow/white/blue homemade SUL all weekend--well I did briefly get the Katana in my avatar up a little on Saturday)

i was wondering who was flying those =)

this is at newport. what do you think the extra bow in the leading edge of the UL(grey) well afect it?

Cool kites Wen. Maybe you'll let me try them when you come to Porstmouth.

So you there buddy. :sign_kitelife:

shure!

well upload more pics later, it's not working right now :/ :kid_content:

this is at newport. what do you think the extra bow in the leading edge of the UL(grey) well afect it?

SNAP

post-2312-1187284974_thumb.jpg

I never noticed the extra bowing. Hasn't made much difference to me, I still haven't got past a fade yet. I've been concentrating on multiple

kite flying with my yukons for the last few months. Only brake out the silverfoxes when the wind gets too low or too high for the yukons.

I'm planning to fly the silverfoxes together just to see what they look like. I know I'll have to contend with different speeds and pull. If they work well on

100' lines I'll invest in 2 more silverfox std's next year. If not, I might get 3 acrobatx or maybe french connections. I've just ordered 2 Desire UL's today. I already have one. This kite will fly when the silverfox UL wont.