KiteLife Forum

WSIKF..WHO'S THERE AND LET'S MEET

SKITCH

Hello All...I'm excited that I am finally SURE that I am going to go to WSIKF again this year. For a while I was on the ropes and although I'm not getting there as early as I had hoped...my family and I will be getting there sometime Thurs. afternoon and staying until Sun.

Who's there and who will be there??? I would love to meet as many of you as possible and I was wondering if maybe an "impromtu" Kitelife get together might be in order???????? Any takers or ideas?

I hope maybe we could even get the Iquad guys and John to get involved. I would suggest one of the local places in town like Nick's West...but I know we have underage folks here and I certainly do not want to exclude them (Watty if you need a ride...just call me....I'll email my cel phone #)

Maybe one of the pizza joints in town, another restaurant, ?????? If we had rented a house this year I would volunteer that .... but we did not.

SOOO...seeing as this is one of the largest get togethers on the West coast...let's take advantage.

What do ya'all think. AND, I'm hoping to get a Rev lesson or two from some of you pros.....!

Patrick

:):sign_kitelife:

Oh Patrick, They are all at the beach having to much fun. I was there from Fri to Mon pm and I'm retuning in about an hour.

Come meet us early on the beach while we set up.

Andy -Kite Flying Fool- cooked us breakfast on the beach, and a burger later. A perfect day. It's just been perfect down there.

Quad flyers~~We had 10 of us refueling and making pretty pictures in the sky. lol

I've not needed a vented 1.5 because I fly my vented Rev II in high winds by myself. But if you want to play with the big dogs, you can't pee like a puppy.

I left my smaller Rev II in the bag and manhandled my Rev. 1.5 standard in the brisk winds. I clipped my corners, but John showed me how to correct it. Kewl~ My 1.5 Standard w/no bridle which speeds it up a little more, did ok, while the rest of the flyers had vented. whehoo! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!

I should maybe put longer adjustments on my handle top to slow it down more.

Well, I better go, Skitch--come say hello... early is best. Though since the boys have been playing on the beach for a few days they may sleep in a little. Have a safe trip down.

Indoor WEd, Thur, Fri pm.Washington and ? 4th?

BB Penny~Headed back to Long Beach~

Now, where did I put those rainbows?

Hello All...I'm excited that I am finally SURE that I am going to go to WSIKF again this year. For a while I was on the ropes and although I'm not getting there as early as I had hoped...my family and I will be getting there sometime Thurs. afternoon and staying until Sun.

Who's there and who will be there??? I would love to meet as many of you as possible and I was wondering if maybe an "impromtu" Kitelife get together might be in order???????? Any takers or ideas?

I hope maybe we could even get the Iquad guys and John to get involved. I would suggest one of the local places in town like Nick's West...but I know we have underage folks here and I certainly do not want to exclude them (Watty if you need a ride...just call me....I'll email my cel phone #)

Maybe one of the pizza joints in town, another restaurant, ?????? If we had rented a house this year I would volunteer that .... but we did not.

SOOO...seeing as this is one of the largest get togethers on the West coast...let's take advantage.

What do ya'all think. AND, I'm hoping to get a Rev lesson or two from some of you pros.....!

Patrick

:):sign_kitelife:

I would have liked to meet other members also, but alas, my time was short.

I was planning on being there all day Thursday.

But I had to make an unscheduled trip to take my son to the doctor (nothing major) so I did not make it till 2pm.

Then it seems that people start pulling down for the night at 4pm.

I did get a few pictures of I-Quad flying( great show everyone ) and some of the pictures of the displays.

So I went and pulled out 2 of my kites to fly around.

And that was all for my 1st WSIKF.

I plan on making it to the kite Lincoln City Kite fly in October. ( I don't have the money or the time for the AKA convention)

Maybe I will see some people there.

Good flying.

**Ken** :sign_kitelife: