Syruss

Are You An Addict?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is your level of addiction

• I think about kites and kiting all the time
    • I think about kiting sometimes
    • I am just a casual kiter
    • I can take it or leave it
    • Bloody hell it's raining and no wind, Lord HELP ME!

Just wondering how you all survive the kite addiction.

This weekend was the first time I have been able to get over to the coast to fly and now I have that bug again! I had some extra time built up at work and I was hoping to comp it and get some flyin in this afternoon. But if there is any wind at all it is just a Gnat farting in passing.

Really Depressing!

Unfortunately here in Medford Oregon there are not many good places to fly, nor is there decent wind consistently so what am I to do during my down time?

I know a lot of you get to fly more often but what do you do when it is raining, or just no wind?

I have a couple of ultralight dual line kites but I really am not adept enough to fly them in truly no wind conditions and there are not any flyers close by to learn from, so most of what I pick up is over at the coast.

I am learning to fly my Rev and think that is by far the most addicting, once I get the 2 wrap and 3 wrap frames hopefully that will give me more range to fly in, but till then I am still stuck.

So what do you do when there is no kiting to be had??

My GMC cargo van is full of kites, {at lease 2 } buggys + 4 more at home, full quiver of power kites KGBs SLKs, SUL, zero, quads ,banners, high wind venteds ground displays, fighters + I live 2 miles from the beach in central california{Monterey Bay} ready for what ever kind of wind or lack of

Down time?

maybe

fix or repair or make custom kite related items

buy more kites

Some say I suffer from insanity.....but I enjoy every min. of it

My GMC cargo van is full of kites, {at lease 2 } buggys + 4 more at home, full quiver of power kites KGBs SLKs, SUL, zero, quads ,banners, high wind venteds ground displays, fighters + I live 2 miles from the beach in central california{Monterey Bay} ready for what ever kind of wind or lack of

Okay no talking dirty this is a PG forum lol!

When do I fly? *input evil crazy laugh here*

Since school started, I've flown almost every day. After school, I go to the park across the street and get out my vented B-Series, std 1.5 (both with anywhere from race rods to 4 wrap) and my rev Indoor, if the wind is totally FLAT. If it's raining but there's wind, I bring a hood. If it's raining, there's no wind, there's lightening, thunder, and falling animals, I go fly in my school gym. :)

Am I addicted? Nope :kid_smartass:

I'm reving up Spokane WA!!!!!