KiteLife Forum

What is your favourite Rev team move

Stephen Hoath

I am starting to write next years routines and thougth I would pose you all a question.

What Rev team move does it for you and why?

What moves would you like to see?

What move would you create if you had the chance?

If I like the move and it is innovative I will put it into the routines with the designers name as the new name for the move. mmmm now what would the "Bazzer" look like? :)

mine would be the s- turn or figure 8 this move is eazy to do because when you and a few others are learning to fly together that move is good so that if someone messes up your not all twisted up in your lines... my favorate move to see i quad do... the pinwheel that is so amazeing to see live

I love to see and do the blender. It's a little tough, but it is COOL!!!!!

I've already thought of a move that I've never seen before. I call it whirlpool.

With 4 people, I they would get in a vertical line with evens facing left and odds facing right.

every time the leader says "go", numbers 2 & 3 would tip pivit around each other 90 degrees, counter clockways. At the same time, numbers 1 & 4 would go in a circle just outside of numbers 2 & 3 moving 90 degrees clockways each time. This could be done with anywhere from 3 to 10 people. (It would be tough to coordinate 10 people though, because every other rev will be going in the opposite direction.) It's kind of confusing when I write it down, but I would like to get the chance to lead this with severall people (mabye iQuad :) )

I love to see and do the blender. It's a little tough, but it is COOL!!!!!

I've already thought of a move that I've never seen before. I call it whirlpool.

With 4 people, I they would get in a vertical line with evens facing left and odds facing right.

every time the leader says "go", numbers 2 & 3 would tip pivit around each other 90 degrees, counter clockways. At the same time, numbers 1 & 4 would go in a circle just outside of numbers 2 & 3 moving 90 degrees clockways each time. This could be done with anywhere from 3 to 10 people. (It would be tough to coordinate 10 people though, because every other rev will be going in the opposite direction.) It's kind of confusing when I write it down, but I would like to get the chance to lead this with severall people (mabye iQuad :) )

Nice idea Watty, we call this the oposite pin wheel and it is great at messing with your mind. I like the way your thinking though, there must be some other moves in that mind of yours. What does the "Watty" move look like?

Okay, how about this. There are two vertical lines. The left line is higher in elevation, facing down. The right line is lower facing up. both lines go forward until just after they meet. Still facing the same directions, the slide and pass through, then continue moving forward. They stop, do a 360, then repeat.

Okay, how about this. There are two vertical lines. The left line is higher in elevation, facing down. The right line is lower facing up. both lines go forward until just after they meet. Still facing the same directions, the slide and pass through, then continue moving forward. They stop, do a 360, then repeat.

I like that, I don't remember a specific move like that but I am sure John or Simon will correct me. Something we always try and achieve is to avoid the obvious move and revers idea, so in the "Watty" how would you get the kites back out again without simply flying the figure in reverse?

Mind you, a Revers Watty sounds like a good move :)

How about something like an aeroplane shape with wings, tail and props. Vertical Kite for tail, horizontal for wing and a couple of spinning ones for the props.

You could think about having a bit of a competition wih the children in the crowd to count the shapes you make or try to name the shapes in the routine. Like they might call the follow a snake. A simple prise could be a Rev lesson.

Oh! Oh!, I just thought of an other one that I like! Thread through! where everyone lines up and someone threads through all of them. Its soo cool, but soo bad when someone messes up!

At WSIKF this year Lynn and I were flying with iQuad, I think there were ten of us. We had been flying for a few minutes when John had us all fly up to the line and face right. We were just holding that position, waiting for a call from John, when we saw him threading from the right, through our lines one kite at a time. When he got to the left side, he started back through, but turned a 180 between each kite on his trip back to the right. Inverted through kite #10, right side up through kite #9, inverted through kite #8 etc. THAT was a real crowd pleaser.

This would look good with three or more kites.

Jim