KiteLife Forum

Kite Stakes

kitedog

Also another area to look for items for heads for kite stakes are gift shops.. any thing like Eiffel tower, lady liberty just about any thing that has a base that can be drilled and taped can be made into a kite stake... be creative

old steering wheel Brodie knobs in Lucite works too

check e-bay under shift knobs

also I saw knitting needles used as stake shafts with custom heads and come in many different colors and sizes

Oooooh Wow, thanks for all the great advice Slinger! This is exactly the kind of info I was after! :w00t:

Ohhhh yes, I've seen some wonderful things on Ebay as well! Now I have too many ideas in my head! :? I've been using a forged steel spike that a friend made for me (as a kite stake) for about 15 years now until it met my Rev. The Rev has bent it now TWICE!!! Doh!

These are the stakes I made and use.

The shaft is a hollow fiberglass rod from old school kites with a metal arrow nock insert.

They range from 8-10" in length.

The hardest part is trying to find pink golfballs.

That's an interesting solution! I used to be an avid archer. I'm sure I have an extra arrow shaft I could cut down. Hmm! Thanks for the idea!

For more ideas, google golfball carving. With the center of the ball being solid, people are removing the cover and carving faces and such.

Takes more talent then I have though. ;)

Be sure to drill and tap the hole 1st, then install the selected treaded rod before carving.

For more ideas, google golfball carving. With the center of the ball being solid, people are removing the cover and carving faces and such.

Takes more talent then I have though. :)

Be sure to drill and tap the hole 1st, then install the selected treaded rod before carving.

I did and WHOA, some pretty interesting stuff out there!!! I had no idea... B)

• 10 months later...

So around summertime last year, I had started to experiment with an idea I had for stakes. After creating a few of these for my personal use, I have been real pleased with them since. So I decided to make them available to the Community. ;) Each stake is 10 inch steel and has a very sturdy colorful hard clay handle made entirely by hand. I will be attending the Wildwood Kite Festival this upcoming Memorial Day Weekend and will be selling a bunch that I had made. If you can't make the festival and are interested, I will be offering these on my website shortly. I will be happy to do custom colors if you request it.

post-2657-1242429498_thumb.jpgpost-2657-1242429507_thumb.jpg

...just look for the long haired short lady with either a hawaiian print visor or a hat with a beaded brim. You'll find me camped out with the Rev Fliers. :)

So around summertime last year, I had started to experiment with an idea I had for stakes. After creating a few of these for my personal use, I have been real pleased with them since. So I decided to make them available to the Community. :innocent: Each stake is 10 inch steel and has a very sturdy colorful hard clay handle made entirely by hand. I will be attending the Wildwood Kite Festival this upcoming Memorial Day Weekend and will be selling a bunch that I had made. If you can't make the festival and are interested, I will be offering these on my website shortly. I will be happy to do custom colors if you request it.

post-2657-1242429498_thumb.jpgpost-2657-1242429507_thumb.jpg

...just look for the long haired short lady with either a hawaiian print visor or a hat with a beaded brim. You'll find me camped out with the Rev Fliers. :w00t:

How much? I want a pair of the lime and black ones!....... and orange and blue.... those are a amazing!