KiteLife Forum

AKA 2008 Calendar photo contest

twelvewinds

I'm working on a 2008 wall calendar of kites, and I need your best photos. Some basic requirements:

-- At least 11" wide by 8.5" high (i.e. like a page of KITING magazine turned on its side)

-- Has room for a 1/2" of bleed (overlap) on each side. (Which really means the photo has to be 12" wide by 9.5" high)

-- Has a kite related theme. Sport kite, single line kite, fighter kite, traction kite, and KAP photos are all good.

-- Doesn't prominently display the name of a kite company.

-- High resolution!!!! Full resolution would be a full bleed (9.5" x 12" at 300 ppi). No one has that many pixels. But please send your highest resolution. Camera phone pictures and lo-res "web friendly" shots are not acceptable.

-- No more than two submissions per household, please.

-- By submitting a photo for this calendar, you give all publication rights (present and future) to the AKA.

The best pictures will be selected by the editor of KITING magazine, with oversight by the AKA President.

Deadline is October 15, 2007. E-mail all entries, including your name as you would like it used in a photo credit, to kitephil@gmail.com.