KiteLife Forum

Free B-Series, Zephyr, Widow Maker, Silver Fox & Nighthawk kites!

windofchange

Mario congratulations! That's going to add something to your fly style. :)

Are you getting some indoor flying in? BB Penny

Yeah Penny, we've doing some indoor flying at Steve's De Rooy indoor barn which is about 5000 square feet! BTW am not expecting, but it feels like it only :(

Cheers

Mario

Mario congratulations! That's going to add something to your fly style. :)

Are you getting some indoor flying in? BB Penny

Yeah Penny, we've doing some indoor flying at Steve's De Rooy indoor barn which is about 5000 square feet! BTW am not expecting, but it feels like it only :(

Cheers

Mario

Oops, sorry Mario... I read it to fast. lol, How awesome. A big barn.. That is going to be so awesome.. what kind of indoor kite flyers will Steve be turning out of that barn? Go Steve!

BB

Penny

I need her to push that baby out 24 hours from now.

Now that over half of the guess time has passed I think that new entries need to stop being accepted or I want a second shot.

I hate to be a spoil sport but its not fair to those that guessed early on.

I need her to push that baby out 24 hours from now.

Now that over half of the guess time has passed I think that new entries need to stop being accepted or I want a second shot.

I hate to be a spoil sport but its not fair to those that guessed early on.

I agree, there should be a cut off date. Now, lets see what we can do about keeping her mind busy, so the baby waits for the day I picked. Does she have everything she needs? BB Penny

I agree, there should be a cut off date. Now, lets see what we can do about keeping her mind busy, so the baby waits for the day I picked. Does she have everything she needs? BB Penny

How about those who's guess date has expired more then 5 days being allowed a new guess.

But that is changing the original rules as would a cut off guess date.

Well, this is a tough decision as far as the guesses go. By allowing people to re-guess it puts an unfair advantage to those who have their guesses coming up. By allowing people to still put in dates it gives a better amount of odds for the late guesses as there are less days to pick from. On the other hand, by people putting in late guesses they take the risk of missing out on the actual arrival date which would put a better chance for those who put their guess in early.....If the baby would have came already then those who waited or are just finding out about this contest would have missed out and the early ones would have had the better chances and the kites...

Above all I want this contest to be fun! and Fair for everyone. Fairness is the key which is why I don't let family or the people who I fly with locally enter into the contest. (John Chilese, Bambi, Mike , Dave, Corey and a ton of others who are familiar with this and other forums) - the actual arrival date has been kept from them as well as to make sure there is no "leakage" of the time to other "friends" of other forums.

So.....I have to try and think of what would be fair to everyone as far as allowing or disallowing guesses or multiple guesses. I will be working very closely with John B on IP addresses, logins and contacts to make sure that the winners are indeed who they say they are and that nobody has tried to manipulate the contest in any way. And I have re-read the original rules of the contest just to make sure that they are still what I considered to be fair before the contest started.

My conclusion is to stick to the rules, by altering the rules at this point in time in the contest could open up a serious can of worms that I know we all don't want to experience. After re-reading them (and asking a few others to read them and give input) they seem to be as fair as possible for this contest. I realize the frustration in the guesses that have already passed but that is to be expected in any contest of this type. There are only going to be 5 winners and plenty of runners up.

I did give this some pretty serious thought and also ran it by my wife to see what she thought about capping the guesses or not and she was a little indecisive with the same good arguments for and against. We'll continue on as it is unless a serious need for a change.

I thank everyone who has entered the contest and I sincerely hope that you have received some fun and joy from it, myself and my wife sure have. If your guess has passes by then I give you a pat on the back and a "good try" award. For those who have been lucky enough to still be in the running I give a sincere "good luck" to you and hope that yours is the lucky one of many that ends up with a prize.

Have fun everyone! :)

Thanks Kent.

It is definatly fun. Specially as I managed to make an idiot of myself by thinking I had already lost.

Very generous of you also.

Whatever you decide is best. I think you are right to stick with the initial rules. They were fairly clear and gave anyone the chance to hold back if they wanted to.

As long as I win I dont mind.

Soon be Christmas.

One thing I will ask of you. As your Baby is obviously due near to Christmas. I was born in early January and I always used to get a SPECIAL present at Christmas that was for my Christmas and Birthday. Somehow my brother used to get as good a present for Christmas and then another one for his Birthday later in the year. Insist folks buy seperate Christmas and Birthday presents. Much fairer.

You can see how deprived a childhood I had now.

Well, this is a tough decision as far as the guesses go. By allowing people to re-guess it puts an unfair advantage to those who have their guesses coming up. By allowing people to still put in dates it gives a better amount of odds for the late guesses as there are less days to pick from. On the other hand, by people putting in late guesses they take the risk of missing out on the actual arrival date which would put a better chance for those who put their guess in early.....If the baby would have came already then those who waited or are just finding out about this contest would have missed out and the early ones would have had the better chances and the kites...

Above all I want this contest to be fun! and Fair for everyone. Fairness is the key which is why I don't let family or the people who I fly with locally enter into the contest. (John Chilese, Bambi, Mike , Dave, Corey and a ton of others who are familiar with this and other forums) - the actual arrival date has been kept from them as well as to make sure there is no "leakage" of the time to other "friends" of other forums.

So.....I have to try and think of what would be fair to everyone as far as allowing or disallowing guesses or multiple guesses. I will be working very closely with John B on IP addresses, logins and contacts to make sure that the winners are indeed who they say they are and that nobody has tried to manipulate the contest in any way. And I have re-read the original rules of the contest just to make sure that they are still what I considered to be fair before the contest started.

My conclusion is to stick to the rules, by altering the rules at this point in time in the contest could open up a serious can of worms that I know we all don't want to experience. After re-reading them (and asking a few others to read them and give input) they seem to be as fair as possible for this contest. I realize the frustration in the guesses that have already passed but that is to be expected in any contest of this type. There are only going to be 5 winners and plenty of runners up.

I did give this some pretty serious thought and also ran it by my wife to see what she thought about capping the guesses or not and she was a little indecisive with the same good arguments for and against. We'll continue on as it is unless a serious need for a change.

I thank everyone who has entered the contest and I sincerely hope that you have received some fun and joy from it, myself and my wife sure have. If your guess has passes by then I give you a pat on the back and a "good try" award. For those who have been lucky enough to still be in the running I give a sincere "good luck" to you and hope that yours is the lucky one of many that ends up with a prize.

Have fun everyone! :)

I am in full agreement.

There shouldn't be any change to the original rules.

lmao I cannot remember what my guess was to begin with!

then i logged in and saw the congrats at the top of page 12 and thought.. ohhhhh she had the baby... ok now that I have read back and gotten it together...

All I care about is that everything goes smoothly and all are healthy..

big hugsssssssss

mousie

heh just went back to page one... I was done 5 days ago lolllll eeek

Well after careful study of the my ugi board and talkin with the elfs and the red nose reindeer and looking through the hazy snowy cloudy skies here in the northeast on this the early morning hours of the 8th of December, I say It will be a blessing from St nick with a (7am PST. DEC 25th Christmas birth). :sign_kitelife: IF the baby is born on my REV FORUM (original perdicition) Dec fourteenth then it's just a lucky baby and you guys will have super fun with the kites however I will see thee baby on Christmas morn and get the Bonus and the widow Maker or the B Series Quadline it don't matter, Jim Foster seems like a smart man, so until then, I wish all a good night. I do not not use this forum much so God bless to your Family and what a great idea I wish your wife much health and ease in all her travels as it may and to you dont wear out your shoes pacing the floor.

Peace from the Northeast.

Scotty Weider

With the date I picked long gone now, I would of corse like another try at the contest.

BUT, the original rules should be followed.

I would think that most of the times rules are changed, it creates more problems.

There should be no conflicts brought on due to the generosity of someone like Kent.

If there are conflicts, others may decide not to do similar things.

I appreciate the chance I had at getting one of the great kites you are giving out.

Kent, Thanks for your generosity.

**FlyinKen**

As the host of this fine contest here at Kitelife, I would also agree that the rules should stay as they are... With notes taken for any future drawings.

Indeed, Kent is doing a great thing here, and any conflicts or challenges should be conducted personally, behind the scenes, if at all.

As the host of this fine contest here at Kitelife, I would also agree that the rules should stay as they are... With notes taken for any future drawings.

Indeed, Kent is doing a great thing here, and any conflicts or challenges should be conducted personally, behind the scenes, if at all.

I want to thank Kent and John for putting this thing on. I didn't win but I did have fun playing. Best of luck to those still in it. And best wishes to Kent, his wife, and their new baby.

Denny

Hi all,

John and WindsofChange KENT? and family, Congrats on the news, I'm a novice at posting/ replies to these forums, if that is not clear (I think it is to Johnny), however, here is my question? I/ my guess is it in offically? ((DEC 25th 7 am pst )) :sign_kitelife: and when this wonderful gift decides to introduce itself to the rest of us crazy kite flyers, you'll let us know here on kitelife ? or on CNN or NBC, Kitelife will suffice I know, but NBC would reach a few more people I think :) Anyway that was a couple of questions so thanks for you time and I hope all is well whenever they decide to grace us with their presence.

God Speed

The little kiter

Sincerely

Scott Weider