KiteLife Forum

Free B-Series, Zephyr, Widow Maker, Silver Fox & Nighthawk kites!

windofchange

Well, there's no need to do any changes to the rules at all...cuz She's HERE! If you was waiting till the last minute then you waited to long. We're figuring out the winners right now and as soon as we have them all set I will let everyone know the time, date, and the lucky new kite flyers! Should be a little later today.

Mom and baby are doing wonderful, they're both fully healthy and my life couldn't be better. Here's a small pic that I took with my phone so the quality isn't that great. I will have more pictures when I get my camera back.

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart for participating in this contest. I am happy that we are going to be able to get these kites out for Christmas. Watch for the winners!!!

post-162-1197336097_thumb.jpg

I would like to extend a special thank you to John B for giving me the opportunity to share this contest with all of the Kitelife Forum users. Without his permission and help this contest would not have been possible. I would also like to thank all the participants for making this contest fun for everyone. I had a wonderful time running the contest and hope that all of you had a fun time being in it.

As said earlier, Joni arrived 100% healthy and strong. How healthy? 8 lbs, 8 oz healthy :kid_drool: Mountain View hospital put down the official time of birth at 7:31 AM, December 9th 2007.

SOOOOOO, I get to dance around with glee knowing that I have a beautiful new daughter and as said, instead of handing out cigars.....LETS HAND OUT SOME KITES!

I used a very complicated method of calculating the times (I counted the hours on the clock from the time of birth to the closest guesses to that time) and this is what I have come up with.

5TH Place winner of the awesome Nighthawk kite from Premier....

MtnFlyer with a guess of Dec 11th, 10:00 am.

Missed the exact time by 50 hrs, 29 minutes.

4TH Place winner of the Silver Fox 2.3 from Flying Wings....

Dwayne with a guess of Dec 7th, 9:00 am.

Missed the exact time by 46 hrs, 31 minutes.

3RD Place winner of the beautiful Zephyr from Prism Kites....

Kite Dog with a guess of Dec 10th, 1:00 pm.

Missed the exact time by 29 hrs, 29 minutes.

2ND Place winner of the coveted Barassi B-Series Revolution Kite Package....

Big Bri with a guess of Dec 10th, 10:45 am.

Missed the exact time by 27 hrs, 14 minutes.

And the GRAND PRIZE winner of the beautiful Widow Maker from Skyburner Kites is..........

Mikenchico with a guess of Dec 8th, 5:15pm.

Missed the exact time by only 14 hrs, 16 minutes.

Toyguy missed getting in at 5th place by only 1 hr and 22 minutes. The next closest was Belar at 76 hours 39 minutes. Close one for sure! Toyguy was also the first one to post a guess, that's kinda impressive. :P

Now for the bonus Jumping Jack Flash to our subscribing winner!

Mikenchico is not (yet) a subscriber so although you won the big prize, you don't get the bonus. :)

Next in line is Big Bri....you won the cool b-series but you are not a subscriber either (yet) so no bonus kite for you. ;)

Kite Dog is third in line with an awesome Zephyr....and yes, he is a subscriber and also the winner of the Jumping Jack Flash! Congrats Kite Dog!!! :sign_kitelife:

See, it pays to subscribe. Not only would it have won you the bonus kite in this contest but you are also automatically entered into the Kitelife contests as well.

If you have not yet done so, please become a subscriber for Kitelife. Not just for the contests but it also helps cover the many costs involved with publication of the Kitelife magazine as well as time and server expenses associated with running this great forum and the incredible Kitelife site. It also helps our kiting community grow into bigger and better things.

Congratulations to all of the winners of this contest and again a big thank you from my family to everyone for participating and allowing me to share my joy and excitement with all of you.

Winners, please e-mail or PM me with your contact / shipping information and we can get these kites out to you right away. There may also be some color choices, this can be finalized through PM or e-mail as well. Any winners who are outside the U.S. will also have to contact me for payment of shipping charges. Thanks again everyone now lets go fly a kite!

Congratulations Kent and family, welcome to the kite clan Joni!

Per the contest rules, as Kent listed them...

"Bonus Prize!!!

Jumping Jack Flash from Level One Kites"

"6) Bonus Prize. If the winner of any one of the prizes is also a Kitelife Subscriber, that winner will win the bonus prize along with their regular prize. Only one bonus prize is available and will first be awarded to the first place winner if they are a current Kitelife Subscriber. If the winner of the first place prize is not a Kitelife Subscriber then the Bonus prize will then be awarded to the second place winner if they are a current Kitelife Subscriber and so on."

Out of the winners... Which ones are Kitelife subscribers, and eligible for the bonus prizes?

====

(subscriber since October, 2004)

(subscriber since November, 2007)

(subscriber since September, 2007)

2ND Place winner of the coveted Barresi B-Series Revolution Kite Package.... AND THE BONUS PRIZE!

(subscriber since May, 2007)

And the GRAND PRIZE winner of the beautiful Widow Maker from Skyburner Kites is..........

(not a Kitelife subscriber)

====

I have no record of Mikeinchico being a subscriber... If any of the listings above are inaccurate, please let me know asap and I'll make sure Kent has the correct info. :sign_kitelife:

Read the rules carefully... Not all are eligible for the bonus prize, but I have listed all top five for posterity.

I'm still verifying Big Bri's subscribership (see your PM Brian) - but if I've got it right, nice haul Brian, congratulations... I'll get your subscriber graphic added as soon as you respond to my PM, confirming the PayPal account your signed up to Kitelife with... Sorry I didn't catch that and add it sooner.

I demand a recount. She was too early. Can you please put her back in and let her try again. :sign_kitelife:

As soon as I thought of this it remended me of my crew mate from the Ambulance Service. I stopped the Ambulance one night to help him help a lady to deliver her little Girl. As I was getting in I saw her with her hands between her legs. He said gently "it's no good my lovely, you wont push it back in" all went welland we carried on to Hospital.

Kent I am SO glad all went well for all 3 of you. And thank you SO much for the fun of this competition. And also thank you in a strange way (due to the silly working of my mind) for reminding me of my crew mate.

A big CONGRATULATIONS to your family and all the lucky winners.

Congrats!!

I got involved, I'm glad I learned how to use forum quickly I was a subcriber to both but you motivated my to use and "HURRY", you were right, so I wanted to win, and out of your genorosity. I'm just glad all is well healthly and everyone has a MERRY Christmas. Looking forward to meet all involved in person someday. afterall this cyberspace is/should bring us together on the field, YEAH..... I think so!!! The Greatest GIFT ON EARTH IS THE GIFT OF LIFE SO HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR EXTENDED KITE FAMILY. Thanks for letting me in for a few minutes I'm humbled, truly

Sincerly

Scott A. Weider

Looks like i did the Trick Kent with the Dance ;) .Welldone Mrs Kent.

Congratulations Kent,to you and all your Family.Lovely Christmas Prezzie for you all.A Girl aswell,Girls are, EXTRA special.

I will be needing all the fine details in duecourse.Thats one little Lady i will remember for,well,FOREVER.

SUPERB NEWS,,,,,

BRIAN...

I would like to extend a special thank you to John B for giving me the opportunity to share this contest with all of the Kitelife Forum users. Without his permission and help this contest would not have been possible. I would also like to thank all the participants for making this contest fun for everyone. I had a wonderful time running the contest and hope that all of you had a fun time being in it.

As said earlier, Joni arrived 100% healthy and strong. How healthy? 8 lbs, 8 oz healthy :) Mountain View hospital put down the official time of birth at 7:31 AM, December 9th 2007.

SOOOOOO, I get to dance around with glee knowing that I have a beautiful new daughter and as said, instead of handing out cigars.....LETS HAND OUT SOME KITES!

I used a very complicated method of calculating the times (I counted the hours on the clock from the time of birth to the closest guesses to that time) and this is what I have come up with.

2ND Place winner of the coveted Barassi B-Series Revolution Kite Package....

Toyguy missed getting in at 5th place by only 1 hr and 22 minutes. The next closest was Belar at 76 hours 39 minutes. Close one for sure! Toyguy was also the first one to post a guess, that's kinda impressive. ;)

Now for the bonus Jumping Jack Flash to our subscribing winner!

Mikenchico is not (yet) a subscriber so although you won the big prize, you don't get the bonus. :)

Next in line is Big Bri....you won the cool b-series but you are not a subscriber either (yet) so no bonus kite for you. :)

Kite Dog is third in line with an awesome Zephyr....and yes, he is a subscriber and also the winner of the Jumping Jack Flash! Congrats Kite Dog!!! ;)

See, it pays to subscribe. Not only would it have won you the bonus kite in this contest but you are also automatically entered into the Kitelife contests as well.

If you have not yet done so, please become a subscriber for Kitelife. Not just for the contests but it also helps cover the many costs involved with publication of the Kitelife magazine as well as time and server expenses associated with running this great forum and the incredible Kitelife site. It also helps our kiting community grow into bigger and better things.

Congratulations to all of the winners of this contest and again a big thank you from my family to everyone for participating and allowing me to share my joy and excitement with all of you.

Winners, please e-mail or PM me with your contact / shipping information and we can get these kites out to you right away. There may also be some color choices, this can be finalized through PM or e-mail as well. Any winners who are outside the U.S. will also have to contact me for payment of shipping charges. Thanks again everyone now lets go fly a kite!

Hello Guys/Gals,Sorry to spoil anyones Happy Fealings,but I am a Subscriber to Kite Life

DEEP JOY,

BRIAN...

The winners list has been confirmed and a huge congrats to Big Bri. I greatly apologize for the mixup on the subscription, thanks for clarifying this for me John. Sorry to get your hopes up on this Kitedog but even though you didn't win the bonus kite you still get to walk away with the Prism Zephyr, a very nice win indeed!!!

I still need to get the mail information from the winners. I have already received DWayne and Kitedog's info and your kites will be sent out as per our arrangements.

Need shipping info for:

MtnFlyer

Big Bri

and Mikenchico

Congrats again to everyone and thank you everybody for all of your kind words. Winners, remember to post back here with some pictures of you and your new kites!

:) Hey, wait a goll-darn minute here!

My time was just 6 hrs 54 minutes post-partum. I guessed girl, 7 lb 8 oz. I think I get something really swell too ;)

Oh - wait - that was my posting time, not my selected time :) It would have been creepy to win with a post entered after the blessed event. :)

And weight was off by a pound. We'll have to see about medical researcher, and soccer star prediction. ;)

So, another congratulations to your family. And thanks very much for the contest - a wonderfully creative way to share your blessing with friends.

(And congratulations to the winners - ;) )

-Howard

;)Wow!

I said a Widow Maker would be a nice B-Day present and used my b-day & time. I'm pretty .... OH WOW!!!

Thanks so much Kent and a big CONGRATS on the beautiful addition to your family and wishes for a very Happy Holiday Season to you all - Mike

Happy Dance

Green_thing.gifGreen_thing.gifGreen_thing.gifGreen_thing.gifGreen_thing.gif

Kent and Mrs. Kent,

Congratulations on Joni!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just thinking the timing was just about perfect.. Late enough after Thanksgiving and early enough for Mom to enjoy Christmas. Just wonderful!!!!!

For my family, in 16 days we go in for the first ultra-sound and we can't wait to find out the baby's gender! My wife is hoping for a daughter this time. :)

Again, congratulations on the baby! :)

Joe

;)

Wow,

I'm still in shock. ;) I never win anything. This is too cool. Thanks Kent. :)

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I'll be celebrating Joni's birthday from now on myself. :)

Denny

It is all good.

I am happy for you and your family.

Many thanks for running the contest and thanks for the kite. My daughter and I will enjoy it and think of you and your family when we fly it.

Congrats,

Arns

Hey Kite Dog,sorry about the jjf.Its probably partly my fault as i only ever read on Kite Life and use the Rev site as a Play Ground ;) .Your a Top Man for takeing it on the Chin.If you ever want to us the kite.We could share it for six mths a year if i dont wear it out.

All The Best,have a great Christmas

BRIAN...

ps,the Zephyr is well Kewl,i like mine