KiteLife Forum

Free B-Series, Zephyr, Widow Maker, Silver Fox & Nighthawk kites!

windofchange

Congratulations Kent, for the new addition to your family!!! :) Got your Christmas prezzie a little early, eh?! ;D

Yup, got a wonderful Christmas present. Thanks again everyone for entering into the contest and sharing my happiness with me and for all your wonderful and kind words.

We have already sent out a couple of the winners kites and they should be receiving them soon. The others should be going out pretty quickly as soon as we finish up on the details.

Thanks again all! ;)

Congratulations, Kent! What a wonderful addition to your family, just in time for the holidays. B)

The little one will put an interesting twist (diversion) on the celebrations. :cat_luv: Enjoy the time.

Thanks for such a cool contest, too, to help celebrate the arrival of a new kite flyer! :w00t: PM on the way. Thank you!

Thanks again Kent, here's a pic of my new "Sunrise" Widow Maker & me, setting up for a coin toss it looks like.

Sorry it took so long, weather & life haven't co-operated. But finally got out for a bit today with Rhonda to run the camera, no wind but the kite does surprisingly well in 2 mph & less, other then if you miss time your snaps you pull the kite halfway back to you :cat_luv: but hit it right and it rewards you big time.

2132889686_923d4490b4_o.jpg

It gave up my first successful Jacob's Ladder which I was able to extend to 2 1/2 rungs. In fact it's given me more consistent results on everything I struggle with on other kites. It goes into a Turtle so easy, just a twitch and a bit of slack and it's on its back, unbelievable for a kite that doesn't exhibit any pitchyness, until you ask for it. Rolls up easier then anything I've held onto. Locks into Turtles and Fades rock steady. Backspins I can't do on most kites, this thing gives them up with a smile and says "Lets turn that into a backspin cascade, eh?" Cascades, Half Axel/Kick Turn & Axels are sweet. Lazy Susan's are another one of those tricks I can't do, but the Widow Maker said 'Oh give me a chance" and sails right around, pauses for a moment to see if I want go again then rolls right out, surprising since it won't roll out of a Turtle until persuaded a bit.

I'm Loving It - Mike

I am SO glad this kite went to someone who can USE it. I won a Sea Devil and although I LOVE it I can only fly it and it WANTS to trick.

Hope the above post puts a BIG smile on your face Kent.

Mike you show so much how you love the Widowmaker. Good post, well done. Like the pic too, so much action.

That's just awesome. I too am glad that you are enjoying the kite. Everything you posted about the Widow Maker is exactly how I feel about mine. Even John Chilese (The Godfather) snapped off a 1 1/2 rung Jacob's Ladder the very first time he put the kite in the air. It's one of the few kites that I have that he always wants to come over and take a spin on.

The Widow Maker is a very under-rated kite....sad thing is that it parked my Deep Space, Sea Devil, and Quantum Pro.

Thanks for the pictures and the post! :cat_luv:

Guest DWayne

I should have done this a long time ago but I've been spending all my time flying my new kites. :P

With a little trading, a little cash, and a whole lot of kindness from Kent I turned my SF 2.3 into these two beauties. :ani_yahoo:

I've never had more fun with a kite. I'm now a confirmed quadramaniac. ;)

Thanks again Kent.

Denny

post-3228-1199163345_thumb.jpg

Hi Denny, nice kites, glad you have "seen the dark" (as in welcome to the Dark Side)

The vented could do with a Revolution (to make the LoGo read right)

Like the word Quadromaniac!!

Guest DWayne
Hi Denny, nice kites, glad you have "seen the dark" (as in welcome to the Dark Side)

The vented could do with a Revolution (to make the LoGo read right)

Like the word Quadromaniac!!

Hi Baloo,

I did notice that when I was sorting the pictures. :P I'll try and get some better ones today. :ani_yahoo:

"Seen the dark"? Dude, I'm hopelessly lost in the dark now. ;)

Denny

• 5 years later...
  • 11 months later...