KiteLife Forum

Flying fields in Beaverton/Tigard.

HillBilly

Last weekend my wife and I went down to Newport,Oregon and thought we would try flying a kite. We are now hooked! :) . I have been looking over a few forums looking for places to fly without having to drive to the coast. Are there and fields in Beaverton or Tigard? Any help would be nice. I dont get off work till 4pm and the drive to delta park is a killer for me.

Last weekend my wife and I went down to Newport,Oregon and thought we would try flying a kite. We are now hooked! :) . I have been looking over a few forums looking for places to fly without having to drive to the coast. Are there and fields in Beaverton or Tigard? Any help would be nice. I dont get off work till 4pm and the drive to delta park is a killer for me.

Hello and Welcome!

I have not been to the high school in Tigard, but if they have enough room for ballons, there must be room for kites?

http://www.tigardballoon.org/

As for Delta Park, it's not available till after Nov 6th. A construction training class is using the field. :)

Let us know where you find a place to fly!

Theresa

Being located in Beaverton myself, it is a hit or miss situation.

It seems everytime I find a nice place, the next time there is some sport practice going on. :)

I am checking on a few where permission needs to be asked.

If I come up with a good one, I'll keep you posted.

**FlyinKen**

• 3 weeks later...

I have found a filed that looks like it would be good to fly in. Its just a quater mile from my APT. I have not had a chance with all the rain and work to go and fly at all. The field is on Barrows road just past Albertsons, on the right hand side. I think there going to put a shopping center or homes on it soon. :)

Just thought I would let everyone know.