KiteLife Forum

Summer fun and now we're done

Penny Lingenfelter

Well, Lincoln City Fall festival has come and gone. It's hard for me to imagine having more fun then the last time I went, yet, there it is- I had even more fun then last year!

Maggie Conrad as the new event organizer must have had a lot of help.. it went very well, except for the high tide. They made bio books for people with the fliers pictures and bio's in them. When they got them all signed, they got a prize. I iced my hands first thing this morning, they hurt so bad. lol It was great fun, it gave the people (not just kids) a chance to say hello to the fliers and made them feel like they knew us. This led to such an enjoyable weekend. We had the "blue people" and the "white people". The Blue people came on Sat. and had blue books, the white people came on Sat. and had white, as they ran out of the blue..... or so I thought. Then there were the blue/white people who had so much fun the first day.. they did it again the 2nd day. What a hit it was. Except for a little writers cramp I think all the fliers liked it.

I expected rain.... and the weather was gorgous.. so now we know... Lincoln City in the fall is the place to be.. You can see beautiful kites, IQuad fly. Lam Hoc amaze the crowd, Al Washington dance his way across the sand w/ kite in the air.. me in my new fairy costume... which was a hit. Amy Doran doing Charlie Chaplan proud.. in her little black mustache. They had Bob Serack banners... ohhhh.. he's making me a banner! and The Brewers working their butts off for the kids and community. Gombergs putting on a show... with our Regional Director Linda Sanders.. and husband.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi Oi Oi. which takes me back a step to National Convention at Ocean shores. I didn't get there till Wed. due to my father-in -laws health. I missed the indoors I wanted to record, I missed the Master quad ballet.... but I did see some beautiful smiling faces oh.. and awesome kites.

One of the first people I ran into was Mike Delfire (sp) I hadn't seen him in 7 years. It was good to see him and meet Alyson who placed and placed at Nationals... Go Alyson!! 1st.in Precision, 3rd in quad ballet.. Congratulations.

Now I owe the Browns a BIG thank you. They put me up at their house. If you know me, I usually camp in my van.. I'm a person of few needs.. but they brought me inside and made me feel at home.

Jenny Brown won and won and won too!! Wow, Jen.. I didn't know till I went in today to review the winners. 1st in percision, 3rd in innovative... and more! Way to go girl!!!

it was kewl.. I stayed in the bar the first night and when it filled up I could visit, get a little video and meet the few people I'd not met before. IQUAD was causing trouble and discontent as usual. Patting IQuad stickers on to people while they weren't looking. Some of these same people laughed as they saw someone getting an IQuad sticker smacked on their backside... while unbeknownst to them.. they'd had one for 1/2 hour on their back.. I put one in w/my tip because our bartender felt left out. lol He was nice.. and I don't just say that because of the free samples.

The next night a completely knew group was in the bar and it was great to just sit quietly and soak in all the bits and pieces of conversation. I think sometimes you can learn more in a bar full of kitefliers then in a classroom with one instructor. If you don't drink, you should still come in and visit. Lots of people drank soda's.

The Fri. night banquet was good, ohh.. ohh.. I bought Scott Spencers garden! Fish and green rip stock on sticks.... It feels like a serenity garden while you put it up, then the kids get in it and play and it is just a park. I won the Bruce Leftler double delta conyne kite. Woo hoo.. I'm hoping to find that I will be able to do candy drops with it in the future. Thank you Scott and Bruce!! Sunday was a blow out... and I mean blow out! Sideways rain at 30 mph and I forgot my vented Rev. II. So I put up my rev II and flew it for a few minutes.. you can't let a day go by without flying a kite... then someone called breakfast and it was packed away.. as wet and muddy as I was. Well, this is a short version of what my month was like. I've got to get back to work. What did you do at nationals? Congrats to all the placers and players at Nationals. You deserve it! BB Penny

Lincoln_City_2007.pdf

Jerimy sent me this from the Lincoln City event. I like my new fairy costume and so did the crowds.

The running of the bols is always a hit at the festivals.

David Gomberg mentioned something about Octopi's next year... another world record set at Lincoln City 2008 maybe?

Lincoln City rocked!

BB

Penny ~ AKA ~ Hada Cometera

• 4 weeks later...

nice penny... and i must say that both fall and spring are my favorate flying monnths :) summer gets to hot and humid here and winters get to cold and nasty.. those 2 seasons are the in between weather that is the best to fly my kites in